Rare Liz Lands 45 On Hale Records

Guest miqura777

Guest miqura777

i found a 45 some months ago by liz lands on hale records. a tiny label out of atlanta. the song is "dancing on the ceiling." the only information the i can find is that in 1963 it was recorded at hitsville but it was not released. i was trying to find out information on it. can anyone help? thanks miqura

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i found a 45 some months ago by liz lands on hale records. a tiny label out of atlanta. the song is "dancing on the ceiling." the only information the i can find is that in 1963 it was recorded at hitsville but it was not released. i was trying to find out information on it. can anyone help? thanks miqura

Courtesy of 'Don't Forget The Motor City' site

https://www.dftmc.info/home.html

Dancing On The Ceiling (Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart) publ. Harms

Liz Lands; recorded Hitsville, completed 08-Sep-63 ; produced by William Stevenson

[rel date unknown] [acetate]; LP (M): JD 191

The Supremes; recorded L.A. / Hitsville-GW, completed 31-Jan-67 ; produced by Berry Gordy

May-67; LP (S): Motown S659 Supremes Sing Rodgers And Hart

May-67; LP (M): Motown M659 Supremes Sing Rodgers And Hart

Jun-87; CD: Motown MCDO 9074 MD The Rodgers And Hart Collection

26-Mar-02; CD (S): Motown 016 817 2 Sing

Social source share

Guest miqura777

thank you for the information. i had read it. but this record is on the hale label a tiny label out of atlanta.

Courtesy of 'Don't Forget The Motor City' site

https://www.dftmc.info/home.html

Dancing On The Ceiling (Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart) publ. Harms

Liz Lands; recorded Hitsville, completed 08-Sep-63 ; produced by William Stevenson

[rel date unknown] [acetate]; LP (M): JD 191

The Supremes; recorded L.A. / Hitsville-GW, completed 31-Jan-67 ; produced by Berry Gordy

May-67; LP (S): Motown S659 Supremes Sing Rodgers And Hart

May-67; LP (M): Motown M659 Supremes Sing Rodgers And Hart

Jun-87; CD: Motown MCDO 9074 MD The Rodgers And Hart Collection

26-Mar-02; CD (S): Motown 016 817 2 Sing

Social source share

i have this, this isn't like a valuable record or anything if you were checking for that. tommy and liz lands lived in both chicago and atlanta, and most of liz' 45s were pressed on atlanta labels, it's not that strange that it was released in atlanta. also, if there is a motown recording, it's not clear whether it is the same recording or if they re-recorded it and released it.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Tommy Brown has talked before about trying to break Liz into Motown. To some degree it worked since she did record there, but obviously, they passed on this song. I'm not exactly sure who ran the Hale label here in Atlanta but Tommy had all kinds of connections so getting it placed with a Paul Mitchell Trio song on the flip isn't at all difficult to imagine. And Bob, I'd like to think it *is* a valuable 45, at least because I recently picked up a 2nd copy (not realizing I had one filed in my GA boxes for who knows how long). It's definitely the first one I've laid eyes on in long enough to have forgotten about it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!