Sweets Soultown

Guest sharmo 1

Guest sharmo 1

Hi there one of my favorite oldies is the sweets satisfy me baby on soultown.It's a great track and still sounds great (to me)and the B side has been very popular over the last 15 years or so.One thing that's all way's puzzled me is at the start of Satisfy me baby is a strange eletronic sound perhaps not dissimular to a UFO taking off.What sort of instrument was used to make this sound ? Old original basic synth ? Thank's Simon.

Edited by sharmo 1
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Likely a Theremin (the Moog kits were available at the time and a lot more accessible than a rudimentary analog synthesizer, which were large and expensive and only available in a few studios) - also could be a simple tone generator (oscillator) which is rapidly increased in pitch.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Likely a Theremin (the Moog kits were available at the time and a lot more accessible than a rudimentary analog synthesizer, which were large and expensive and only available in a few studios) - also could be a simple tone generator (oscillator) which is rapidly increased in pitch.

Thank you George
Social source share

ive always wondered about that as well george, but i think you've nailed it with the oscillator...would definitely make that sort of sound...and yes, one of my favourite oldies as well and about time for a big reactivation...only problem is laying hands on a copy these days, very expensive tune. i have the soussan boot with the unissued instro on the b-side which is great but, "something about my baby" is pure class!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!