Eddie Spencer Uk Demo (Power Exchange) On Auction

Pete S

I didn't think any of the Power Exchange 45s were particularly rare, or of any major interest.  

Someone's bid £50 or £60 on this one though...I'd have thought £25 was pushing it...isn't there a version of something like Everything Man that's worth a few quid on that label?  

Social source share

Someone's bid £50 or £60 on this one though...I'd have thought £25 was pushing it...isn't there a version of something like Everything Man that's worth a few quid on that label?  

Main Ingredient. Perhaps it's gone up in price on the coat tails of Daybreak?

Social source share

Main Ingredient. Perhaps it's gone up in price on the coat tails of Daybreak?

Yeah thats one, there's another though...can't remember now.

I know there's a really weird release, I think it came out on US Andee as Turn me On by Arctic Strings - came out on Power exchange as a B side with totally different artist and title...not worth anything, just unusual

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  POWER EXCHANGE is a good label to collect, as all releases are eclectic & varied forms of BLACK MUSIC (w=ith 1 or 2 exceptions).

PETES RECORD is without doubt one of the labels rarest, that's not to say it is the best, it all depends on you music pallet, most people of a certain age! probably bought ANN BYERS Version of "this man is rated-X" which was played at most venues in 1974,

LOUIS PRIMA "Doing it for sugar" is a nice oldie, as is the DISCO FAVE from SOUL FOOD "Tom the peeper's brother John".

Records by 13 AMP, The O'JAYS are average no more than label fillers if you ask me?

But by far the best is the 2 sider SOUL RECORD by BILLY COLE the top side A "Extra careful girl" a great song that had plays and much sort after 10 years ago, fetching £50, today an issue is about £20 tops, if you just play that side? the B side is PURE FUNK and is much sort after in LONDON in the BLACK COMMUNITY, if you have the record please play the B side "BUMP ALL NIGHT" what a great record for £20 should be £50 any day,

POWER EXCHANGE RECORD LABEL has always been quite easy to collect DEMOS are common add a £5, also releases with blank labels,

PETES RECORD Is compared with other releases except BILLY COLE much sort after and never turns up, current value £60+

:ohmy: DAVE K :ohmy:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  POWER EXCHANGE is a good label to collect, as all releases are eclectic & varied forms of BLACK MUSIC (w=ith 1 or 2 exceptions).

PETES RECORD is without doubt one of the labels rarest, that's not to say it is the best, it all depends on you music pallet, most people of a certain age! probably bought ANN BYERS Version of "this man is rated-X" which was played at most venues in 1974,

LOUIS PRIMA "Doing it for sugar" is a nice oldie, as is the DISCO FAVE from SOUL FOOD "Tom the peeper's brother John".

Records by 13 AMP, The O'JAYS are average no more than label fillers if you ask me?

But by far the best is the 2 sider SOUL RECORD by BILLY COLE the top side A "Extra careful girl" a great song that had plays and much sort after 10 years ago, fetching £50, today an issue is about £20 tops, if you just play that side? the B side is PURE FUNK and is much sort after in LONDON in the BLACK COMMUNITY, if you have the record please play the B side "BUMP ALL NIGHT" what a great record for £20 should be £50 any day,

POWER EXCHANGE RECORD LABEL has always been quite easy to collect DEMOS are common add a £5, also releases with blank labels,

PETES RECORD Is compared with other releases except BILLY COLE much sort after and never turns up, current value £60+

:ohmy: DAVE K :ohmy:

That was the one I was trying to think of Dave, thanks - Billy Cole.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Imperials "Where You Gonna Find Somebody Like Me" (PX 270 from 1978) is a good modern soul tune.

But in my opinion the only essential release on the label is The Saints double-sider "I'm Stranded" / "No Time". None of their other releases even gets near it.

Brilliant that Saints track, it was released as an EP with the 2 Saints tracks on one side, and Stanley Frank  S'Cool Days & On A Line on the other side.

Social source share

in my opinion the only essential release on the label is The Saints double-sider "I'm Stranded" / "No Time". None of their other releases even gets near it.

But the Saints tracks aren't soul (or even at all soulful), so can't see why they would be 'essential' to anyone on here.

Social source share

But the Saints tracks aren't soul (or even at all soulful), so can't see why they would be 'essential' to anyone on here.

They are if you're at least a label completist......even "No Charge" by J. J. Barrie", sorry to say.

And the "Who's Gonna Love Me" LP by the Imperials is worth picking up - can be found in many a bargain bin at a cheap price.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

So you can only listen to 'soul' records if you're on here? A bit blinkered to say the least!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!