Rare Want List

Tai-pan

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Well - that's £24,100 worth of records

In these days of austerity and hardship that is one hell of a post to put up.

And what if they all come along at once?

Richard

I thought the same as you, and the prices given are mainly bottom end for most of these tunes.......Rob Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

As far as I know Andy just the one copy of Little Johnny Hamilton. The rest are test presses that came out years later.

two as far as I know, but thats not making any difference really. Andy, if you see yourself able to better your offers for Little Kim and Sterphonics feel free to tempt me ;)

btw

its fred & the turbines, its their other cenco rel. that is credited to only the turbines

• Helpful 1
Social source share

To be a hardass - err 'hardarse' - about it, the name reads Fred and the Turbins (no e). In a couple weeks I will consider if I want to sell mine (would take more than the offered price though).

btw
its fred & the turbines, its their other cenco rel. that is credited to only the turbines

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really ?

Sold mine for £1850 few months back. Nice copy. One interested buyer.

You see when this kinda stuff comes up there's always lots of talk of value etc but very few who actually put their hand in their pocket.

ROD

Hey Rod , you should have given your SALVADORS to Manny .... Then you could have retired for a few months and gone fishing !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have never seen a " wants " list attract so much attention !!!!  :huh:  

The guy from previous knowledge has sold some high quality items in the past on here with no problems at all and clearly has the cash to obtain his list ,

Yes , a couple of his prices have been at the lower end of the market value , but as previously stated , we're all in a recession and if you paid a tenner for it Stafford and nobody liked it then ,  and nowadays it has escalated in value , with job loss , bills , etc ... :(

You're gonna be tempted to sell !!!

:wicked:    

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Actuall, its butch who has the only issue copy. Came from John Hillyard, the great LA record digger.

Yep yours was the one I was referring to. Only one I know of and seen. Not sure who Marc thinks has a copy as well?

I once had the pleasure to guest-deejay togther with a certain UK dj at a German allnighter and he played said record. Thats about ten years ago. when where the white dj copies done and are they legit ?

Social source share

hi , i have the topics vg- ...but plays better £600 ( similar have sold for near £1000 on ebay) .....actual record below...

cheers

franc

Hello Franc,

Thank-you for the offer, if it was for DJ'ing I would be tempted, but I'm a collector in the main and am seeking a cleaner copy for my collection.

ATB

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well said Rod...I believe you sold some more rare 45s at really good prices too around the same time

yeah but not everyone gets to know when records like that come up for sale .so seriously  on that note if anyone wants to sell me the del larks please contact me  im sure ian will vouch for me

ps: apologies to andy for using the thread  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

yeah but not everyone gets to know when records like that come up for sale .so seriously  on that note if anyone wants to sell me the del larks please contact me  im sure ian will vouch for me

ps: apologies to andy for using the thread  

it was on here for all to see...........why would it be worth anymore

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really ?

Sold mine for £1850 few months back. Nice copy. One interested buyer.

You see when this kinda stuff comes up there's always lots of talk of value etc but very few who actually put their hand in their pocket.

ROD

what a bargain that was then, almost only two third  of what the starting offer was here a few weeks ago

Social source share

it was on here for all to see...........why would it be worth anymore

not every body has the time to be on here day after day having said that, non of my friends told me either . also  i never mentioned its value in case anyone thinks i did 

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

I thought it a worthwhile discussion to have Ian.  Expectation v. reality. As Andy had priced up his wants I figured it was also not like he was hoping to get them way under value from some unsuspecting punter. He states what he wants to pay.

If Andy wants me to lock it and split off the discussion I will do.

I didn't do this because on last two occasions I have done the posts dried up.

ROD

• Helpful 2
Social source share

George Hunts price is overblown, so no comparison. Rod had only one (1!) interested buyer @ 1850. Enough proof IMO to say its value can't be 2k or more.

we would need george to testify wether he has sold it, at which price and how many were interested. Personally I am not involved in either sale so I wish every seller to sell at his wish price and every buyer to buy at his/her wish price.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

hopefully (and no sarcasm is intended here) its an original and not one of them recent numero re-issues ? they look very close...

Got to laugh another mate few months ago thought he had got bargain of the century when he bought one of these re..issues on a buy it now did,nt realise what it was ...He He

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Interested to hear what the Magnetics and Prophets cuts are like......which Wave label is the former on?? Is this any of the other Magnetics and simiarly is the latter the same group that recorded on Shrine??

The Prophets track has been played by Kenny Burrell for a few years. It's a cover up though so not necessarily by the Prophets or on that label, unless Andy knows better. I have a sound file off a live tape at Burnley somewhere, I'll try and put it up later. I also asked Butch about it at the time when I first heard Kenny play it, but he didn't know it either.

Social source share

Brownie sold his copy and this is the copy that I owned for a while.

https://www.popsike.com/TEFTELLER-Northern-Soul-Walter-the-Admerations-RARE/180349136712.html

Yep that is the so called fooked copy I referred to. Harsh maybe vg to vg+ wunnit?

I'd still swap my left one for it. So did Brownie sell his to shifty? 2 copies? 3 copies? And why does everyone's name end with an e quinvy simsy shifty browny ... 

Social source share