Rare Want List

Tai-pan

Yep that is the so called fooked copy I referred to. Harsh maybe vg to vg+ wunnit?

I'd still swap my left one for it. So did Brownie sell his to shifty? 2 copies? 3 copies? And why does everyone's name end with an e quinvy simsy shifty browny ... 

The vinyl was mint. Only a bit of label damage. Timmy's copy went to a well known US collector. Think Ginger has one, Mick H had one, and Carl Willingham I think. Then Butch of course. There has to be more.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Here,here!!. £24 k's worth of wants,and still talking "low end" of the market....dreamworld for most....

Andy posted reasonable prices. It's not like he's offering $100 for a $1000 record. He may have posted on the low end but that's his prerogative as a buyer and he can wait until he finds a seller to sell at those prices.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The vinyl was mint. Only a bit of label damage. Timmy's copy went to a well known US collector. Think Ginger has one, Mick H had one, and Carl Willingham I think. Then Butch of course. There has to be more.

Ah right. Description on Popsike was/is - 'condition: very good- visually (both sides start out with a little bit of noise but clear up alright to play vg/vg+ for the majority of the side)(wol)'.

You sure Butch has a copy? Never heard him play it..

Social source share

Can't tell if you are being serious or not Ian?

Yeah was being serious mate. Quinvy could be right and I'd just forgotten. Heard many a Butch set in recent times, Saturday just gone being the last. Not heard him play it in an age if he has deffo got it, which thinking about it, it was on that dodgy Rocket set recoding.

I can't recall ever hearing Mick or Ginger play it to be honest, but sure there's more than 2 copies.

Social source share

Here's the Prophets track. Happy days.

Many thanks Quinvy!

Certainly sounds blue eyed? Not sure about the vocals but the backing and horns etc all sound like good uptempo schmutter. Imagine it works well in a nighter situation.

Just need to hear the Magnetics now! :):)

Edited by corbett80
Social source share

Yeah was being serious mate. Quinvy could be right and I'd just forgotten. Heard many a Butch set in recent times, Saturday just gone being the last. Not heard him play it in an age if he has deffo got it, which thinking about it, it was on that dodgy Rocket set recoding. I can't recall ever hearing Mick or Ginger play it to be honest, but sure there's more than 2 copies.

It was a Butch cover up originally, R Davis and G Tyler although the flip had been previously played.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Actuall, its butch who has the only issue copy. Came from John Hillyard, the great LA record digger.

how do you know?......LOL LOL
Social source share

Yep that is the so called fooked copy I referred to. Harsh maybe vg to vg+ wunnit?

I'd still swap my left one for it. So did Brownie sell his to shifty? 2 copies? 3 copies? And why does everyone's name end with an e quinvy simsy shifty browny ... 

Think Shifty's came from Ady Pierce in about '97... Brownie auctioned one in 2007/8... 

Social source share

I've got an old fanzine from the mid to late 1970's, I think it may be "Soul Source" and there's a copy of "Walter & Admirations -  Life Of Tears" for sale in either the 50p or £1.00 section of somebody's sales. I suspect it's now gone :D

you never know, have you tried emailing the fella ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

i can confirm my salvadors sold, no problems, in fact could have sold it twice over,end price has to remain between myself and buyer, but i,d buy same condition as mine back for 2k.george

i hope i,m not going to be labelled as overblown,inflated prices twice in one week !

George ... Over blown maybe ,but inflated is slanderous :D

You price em and if peeps are happy to buy from a well respected seller with top condition 45's .. a sale is a sale and thats the end of it .

As much as this is a very interesting post for some , your sales pages are probably more interesting .. they are real records ,not somebody's possible records :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share