The Thrill Of Unwrapping A Great Package

I thought I'd post this up as most Soul Sourcers will appreciate the thrill of unwrapping various packages full of records. Well this is me unwrapping the first delivery of Philadelphia International: The Tom Moulton Remixes: Special Vinyl Edition.

Exactly the same thrill as you have when opening a much anticipated package from the U.S. except this time it's unwrapping the vinyl edition of Harmless's biggest-selling release of the last 12 months. So good it should be a time-capsule!

Ian D Opens The First Box Of "Philadelphia International: The Tom Moulton Remixes: Special Vinyl Edition"

https://youtu.be/LjlqKmKJdB8

Amazon Link: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philadelphia-International-Moulton-Remixes-Special/dp/B00B9RP0D0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1363698444&sr=1-1

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Excellent box set.  I shudder to think what airmail to the States will be for postage, however.

Well, here it is on the U.S. Amazon site but price does include delivery!

https://www.amazon.com/Moulton-Remixes-Special-Vinyl-Philadelphia-International/dp/B00B9RP0D0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1363704816&sr=1-1&keywords=moulton

an D  :D

Social source share

If that had've been me, when I slit the package with those scissors I'd have cut through whatever was in it.

Lost count of the amount of records I've ruined by using a stanley knife on the mailer.

A bit like John Cale then, be careful what you send through the post!

Abso chuffin lutely awesom box set though Ian, I put it on my Amazon wishlist as soon as I saw it.... hope the wife's seen it!

Edited by MrC
Social source share

A bit like JJ Cale then, be careful what you send through the post!

Abso chuffin lutely awesom box set though Ian, I put it on my Amazon wishlist as soon as I saw it.... hope the wife's seen it!

More like John Cale but I knew what you meant.

If you play that track at home, you can have it so that the narration is in one channel with no music, or with just music and no narration. Or both if you set it in the centre, obviously.  

Social source share

More like John Cale but I knew what you meant.

If you play that track at home, you can have it so that the narration is in one channel with no music, or with just music and no narration. Or both if you set it in the centre, obviously.  

oops - yeah, John Cale! edited and corrected!

Social source share

I'm with Ian, he sent me mine and it was on the doorstep waiting for me this morning. Outstandingly nice packaging, not to mention the music! essential purchase for anyone into timeless quality 70's soul, and it's heavy

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

I'm with Ian, he sent me mine and it was on the doorstep waiting for me this morning. Outstandingly nice packaging, not to mention the music! essential purchase for anyone into timeless quality 70's soul, and it's heavy

cheers Sutty

So at least we know the box can withstand the UK postal service then! :lol:

Wouldn't like to be the guy delivering too many of these on Monday. I had trouble even holding one aloft LOL....

Ian D :D

Social source share

Just discovered my Wife's "one click" option was available when I accidentally clicked on the Amazon link on the post then accidentally clicked on the one click button. Oops! Hehe. Look forward to seeing the postie's face with this one. Not so the Wife's! Great looking box set for sure. The records I mean. Thanks.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!