Jimmy Helms - Thats The Way It Is

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a great dancer, i've just got one in a trade...seen it for anything between £30 - 70. It's actually listed at around £50, it's definitely his best 45! The flip is a great ballad.

I reckon it's around 1968(ish). Great horns and beat.

Agree. A good record and quite a hard one.

I've had it for years and Steve Plumb has had one in his sales box for a good while but I think the only reason it's not been sold (if he's not yet sold it) is because its not particularly well known.

There's also a Jimmy Helms album on Oracle which is also quite scarce and indemand on the continent.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

I've had it for years and Steve Plumb has had one in his sales box for a good while but I think the only reason it's not been sold (if he's not yet sold it) is because its not particularly well known.

There's also a Jimmy Helms album on Oracle which is also quite scarce and indemand on the continent.

Sean Hampsey

======

cheers for that sean

plumbys on here isnt he?

only asking as ive got an old list with it on and descibes it as an ex wigan biggie so naturally ive have to get it...lol

Social source share

Sean Hampsey

Hi Poserman

JH isn't in the sales box anymore. I virtually had to pay someone to take it off my hands it'd been in there that long :unsure:

I did reply to this originally but it got lost in the crash.

Great tune, not that well known.

Got the LP on Oracle for sale but it don't have that track on it :(

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!