Tim Jacob-Mercy Baby

ive never paid over £100 for a clean copy of the Solo issue. great drums

the custom issue was always the more expensive one but that dropped  more than the solo issue.

how long has this been 'known' on the soul scene?

Social source share

ive never paid over £100 for a clean copy of the Solo issue. great drums

the custom issue was always the more expensive one but that dropped  more than the solo issue.

how long has this been 'known' on the soul scene?

Are you saying there are two issues

Solo

&

Custom,

or am i being numb?

Only seen the Solo meself.

Social source share

yea mate. under the name of gay poppa on custom sound. 

The GayPoppa seems to have disappeared these days ,not seen one for ages ,but Tim Jacob is probably the most common on the solo label and a few turn up on ebay and lists .

I would'nt put in anywhere near £200 on SOLO .. £150 tops !

Social source share

The GayPoppa seems to have disappeared these days ,not seen one for ages ,but Tim Jacob is probably the most common on the solo label and a few turn up on ebay and lists .

I would'nt put in anywhere near £200 on SOLO .. £150 tops !

think a fair few of the custom sounds issue are sitting in funk collections, Nev. i seem to recall some funk collectors not seeming to know about the solo issue. 

Social source share

Hi Jamie,interesting that the funk guys are into this tune.The backing is out and out NS .."Paul's Midnight Ride"....maybe its the overlaid vocal.One man's funk...etc...  :wink:

think a fair few of the custom sounds issue are sitting in funk collections, Nev. i seem to recall some funk collectors not seeming to know about the solo issue. 

Social source share

Hi Jamie,interesting that the funk guys are into this tune.The backing is out and out NS .."Paul's Midnight Ride"....maybe its the overlaid vocal.One man's funk...etc...  :wink:

hello mate. its the heavy drums i guess. lots of funk lovers come with hip hop roots so any track with tidy drums is fair game and well liked, whatever genre. 

used to play both vocal and inst at my nights and quite a lot at guest slots, especially  if i had to slide off someone playing northern before me. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!