Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Pete S

Another Big Pile Of 45's For Sale All Newly Listed

If anyone's wondering why so many lists this week - let's just say the more I can rake in, the longer we get to live here...plus got a lot of really good stuff at the moment thankfully

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

Some more mainly 25 - 30 quid type records with a few rarer items thrown in

THESE ARE ALL PLAY GRADED - THE CONDITION YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU WILL HEAR WHATEVER THE VINYL LOOKS LIKE

SHIRLEY & THE SHIRELLES - LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY HEART - BELL                              EX            25

Scarce US copy, small sticker on label

BOBBY BLAND - SHOES - DUKE                                                                                                                                    EX            25 SOLD

Great copy

AL KENT - THE WAY YOU'VE BEEN ACTING LATELY - RIC TIC                                                                    EX+         25

Stunning track

REPARATA & THE DELRONS - PANIC - MALA DEMO                                                                                        VG+         20 SOLD

Some crackle in parts, fine for playing out as they say. Please note this is graded VG+ not EX or Mint. 

MARVIN GAYE - HOW SWEET IT IS (TO BE LOVED BY YOU) - TAMLA W/DEMO                               EX            25

Scarce white demo.  Small stain on the label.

THE HALOS - DO I / JUST KEEP ON LOVING ME - CONGRESS                                                                       EX-           25 SOLD

Belting dancer. Scarce red issue, some ring wear on raised part of label. B side VG++

TOBI LEGEND - NO GOOD TO CRY - MALA DEMO                                                                                              EX            25

Really fast dancer, same track as Jimmy James

LOU JOHNSON - UNSATISFIED - BIG TOP                                                                                                                VG++      20 SOLD

Original blue plastic label. Couple of tiny pops on the intro so downgrading to VG++ rest of track plays EX/Mint

BOB WILSON - SUZY'S SERENADE - SOUND STAGE 7 W/DEMO                                                                 EX            25

Sure does look nice as a white demo

SAMANTHA JONES - RAY OF SUNSHINE - UNITED ARTISTS  W/DEMO                                                   EX+         40

Beautiful copy of the scarce USA copy with abbreviated title

MAD DOG & THE PUPS - WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME GIRL - MAGIC CITY                                                   EX            30

Detroit dancer, tough in this condition

IKE & TINA TURNER - DUST MY BROOM - TRC                                                                                                     EX-           20

Red/black label. This one is in Excellent condition but has a little manufacturing lump in the vinyl right at the end so it has a bump noise for the last 20 seconds

RAIN - OUT OF MY MIND - LONDON (CANADA)                                                                                                  EX            30

Always thought this looks brilliant on this label, different shades of blue. Plus I always sneakily liked this one..

SUSAN FARRAR - THE BIG HURT - PHILIPS                                                                                           EX            25

Plays practically mint but label has some wear, bit of fading top right and light ring wear to raised part, otherwise would have been 35/40

BARBARA ENGLISH - ALL THE GOOD TIMES ARE GONE - WARNER BROS DEMO                              EX            25

Forgotten St Ives dancer

JOHN RHYS & THE LIVELY SET - NOTHING BUT LOVE - IMPACT DEMO                                                EX            30

Classic Detroit instrumental

JACKIE LEE - OH MY DARLIN' - MIRWOOD                                                                                                             EX            30 SOLD

Such a beautiful track

THE MYSTIC MOODS - ASTRAL TRIP - WARNER BROS W/DEMO                                                              EX            30 SOLD

One of the biggest instrumentals of the 70's

SAM AMBROSE & FRIEND - THEY'LL BE COMING - CRAZY HORSE                                                            EX            40

Another classic instrumental

ADAMS APPLES - YOU ARE THE ONE I LOVE - BRUNSWICK DEMO                                                           EX+         50

Good dancer, super copy

THE WALL OF SOUND - HANG ON - BIG BIRD                                                                                                        EX            60

The rare local label issue before Tower

THE FESTIVALS - HEY GIRL - BLUE ROCK                                                                                                                EX            60

Has some light marks but plays EX. Label has some ring wear. Nice copy though, 150 quid rated

GENE CHANDLER - DON'T HAVE TO BE LYING BABE - CURTOM                                                               EX+         25 SOLD

Crossover dancer. Stone mint.

THE INSIGHTS - YOU GOT IT MADE / SOMEDAY GIRL - RCA DEMO                                                          EX            15

Good double sider

BIG MAYBELLE - MAMA HE TREATS YOUR DAUGHTER MEAN - ROJAC                                                   EX            20

Northern version of the old standard

JACKIE DAY - WHAT'S THE COST - SPECIALITY                                                                                                   EX            20

Crossover dancer

GEORGE WILSON - HERE STANDS THE MAN WHO NEEDS YOU - BLACK CIRCLE                             EX            30 SOLD

Classic crossover so I'm told

ANNETTE POINDEXTER - YOU'LL GET IT RIGHT BACK - BRENA                                                                EX            25

More 70's soul

WILLIE HATCHER - HAVE A HEART GIRL / YOU GOT QUALITY - COTILLION W/DEMO                 EX            20

Detroit?

THE COLT BROTHERS - HOLD ME. HOLD ME - BULLET                                                                                  EX+   40 SOLD

Not sure about this one, I only have John Manship's copy to go by so hope he won't mind me directing you to it

http://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/108491/COLT_BROTHERS

I'M NOT GOING TO USE AS MINT OR MINT MINUS GRADE IN FUTURE

PLEASE NOTE THESE RECORDS HAVE BEEN PLAY GRADED - SO IF THE VINYL IS MARKED, I WILL SAY SO, BUT THE GRADE IS FOR HOW IT PLAYS, SO PLEASE PLEASE, READ THE DESCRIPTION. I'M GOING TO UNDER GRADE A LOT OF THESE TO STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE.  I GRADE HONESTLY AND ACCURATELY AND PLAY EVERY RECORD.  IF YOU RETURN SOMETHING I DO NOT PAY   RETURN POSTAGE UNLESS I HAVE MADE A SERIOUS COCK-UP!

I TAKE CARDS, PAYPAL, BANK TRANSFER, CHEQUE etc

PAYPAL NAME IS pete.smith@freeuk.com

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT RESERVE RECORDS, THEY ARE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST PAY BASIS

POSTAGE RATES HAVE CHANGED SLIGHTLY, 1ST CLASS RECORDED IS NOW £2.25 FOR ONE RECORD WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 2 ADDITIONAL ITEMS.

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS £6.35

OVERSEAS: EUROPE IS £3.20 AIRMAIL, £8.50 REGISTERED POST.  ITEMS OVER £40 NEED TO GO BY REGISTERED POST.

REST OF THE WORLD IS £4.20 AIRMAIL, £9.50 REGISTERED POST.

Edited by Pete S

If anyone's wondering why so many lists this week - let's just say the more I can rake in, the longer we get to live here...plus got a lot of really good stuff at the moment thankfully

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

THESE ARE ALL PLAY GRADED - THE CONDITION YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU WILL HEAR WHATEVER THE VINYL LOOKS LIKE

SHIRLEY & THE SHIRELLES - LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY HEART - BELL                              EX            25

BOBBY BLAND - SHOES - DUKE                                                                                                                                    EX            25 SOLD

Great copy

AL KENT - THE WAY YOU'VE BEEN ACTING LATELY - RIC TIC                                                                    EX+         25

Stunning track

REPARATA & THE DELRONS - PANIC - MALA DEMO                                                                                        VG+         20 SOLD

Some crackle in parts, fine for playing out as they say. Please note this is graded VG+ not EX or Mint. 

MARVIN GAYE - HOW SWEET IT IS (TO BE LOVED BY YOU) - TAMLA W/DEMO                               EX            25

THE HALOS - DO I / JUST KEEP ON LOVING ME - CONGRESS                                                                       EX-           25 SOLD

Belting dancer. Scarce red issue, some ring wear on raised part of label. B side VG++

TOBI LEGEND - NO GOOD TO CRY - MALA DEMO                                                                                              EX            25

LOU JOHNSON - UNSATISFIED - BIG TOP                                                                                                                VG++      20 SOLD

Original blue plastic label. Couple of tiny pops on the intro so downgrading to VG++ rest of track plays EX/Mint

BOB WILSON - SUZY'S SERENADE - SOUND STAGE 7 W/DEMO                                                                 EX            25

SAMANTHA JONES - RAY OF SUNSHINE - UNITED ARTISTS  W/DEMO                                                   EX+         40

MAD DOG & THE PUPS - WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME GIRL - MAGIC CITY                                                   EX            30

IKE & TINA TURNER - DUST MY BROOM - TRC                                                                                                     EX-           20

Red/black label. This one is in Excellent condition but has a little manufacturing lump in the vinyl right at the end so it has a bump noise for the last 20 seconds

RAIN - OUT OF MY MIND - LONDON (CANADA)                                                                                                  EX            30

Always thought this looks brilliant on this label, different shades of blue. Plus I always sneakily liked this one..

SUSAN FARRAR - THE BIG HURT - PHILIPS                                                                                           EX            25

Plays practically mint but label has some wear, bit of fading top right and light ring wear to raised part, otherwise would have been 35/40

BARBARA ENGLISH - ALL THE GOOD TIMES ARE GONE - WARNER BROS DEMO                              EX            25

Forgotten St Ives dancer

JOHN RHYS & THE LIVELY SET - NOTHING BUT LOVE - IMPACT DEMO                                                EX            30

JACKIE LEE - OH MY DARLIN' - MIRWOOD                                                                                                             EX            30 SOLD

Such a beautiful track

THE MYSTIC MOODS - ASTRAL TRIP - WARNER BROS W/DEMO                                                              EX            30 SOLD

SAM AMBROSE & FRIEND - THEY'LL BE COMING - CRAZY HORSE                                                            EX            40

ADAMS APPLES - YOU ARE THE ONE I LOVE - BRUNSWICK DEMO                                                           EX+         50

Good dancer, super copy

THE WALL OF SOUND - HANG ON - BIG BIRD                                                                                                        EX            60

THE FESTIVALS - HEY GIRL - BLUE ROCK                                                                                                                EX            60

Has some light marks but plays EX. Label has some ring wear. Nice copy though, 150 quid rated

GENE CHANDLER - DON'T HAVE TO BE LYING BABE - CURTOM                                                               EX+         25 SOLD

THE INSIGHTS - YOU GOT IT MADE / SOMEDAY GIRL - RCA DEMO                                                          EX            15

Good double sider

BIG MAYBELLE - MAMA HE TREATS YOUR DAUGHTER MEAN - ROJAC                                                   EX            20

JACKIE DAY - WHAT'S THE COST - SPECIALITY                                                                                                   EX            20

Crossover dancer

GEORGE WILSON - HERE STANDS THE MAN WHO NEEDS YOU - BLACK CIRCLE                             EX            30 SOLD

ANNETTE POINDEXTER - YOU'LL GET IT RIGHT BACK - BRENA                                                                EX            25

More 70's soul

WILLIE HATCHER - HAVE A HEART GIRL / YOU GOT QUALITY - COTILLION W/DEMO                 EX            20

Detroit?

THE COLT BROTHERS - HOLD ME. HOLD ME - BULLET                                                                                  EX+   40 SOLD

Not sure about this one, I only have John Manship's copy to go by so hope he won't mind me directing you to it

PLEASE NOTE THESE RECORDS HAVE BEEN PLAY GRADED - SO IF THE VINYL IS MARKED, I WILL SAY SO, BUT THE GRADE IS FOR HOW IT PLAYS, SO PLEASE PLEASE, READ THE DESCRIPTION. I'M GOING TO UNDER GRADE A LOT OF THESE TO STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE.  I GRADE HONESTLY AND ACCURATELY AND PLAY EVERY RECORD.  IF YOU RETURN SOMETHING I DO NOT PAY   RETURN POSTAGE UNLESS I HAVE MADE A SERIOUS COCK-UP!

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT RESERVE RECORDS, THEY ARE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST PAY BASIS

POSTAGE RATES HAVE CHANGED SLIGHTLY, 1ST CLASS RECORDED IS NOW £2.25 FOR ONE RECORD WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 2 ADDITIONAL ITEMS.

OVERSEAS: EUROPE IS £3.20 AIRMAIL, £8.50 REGISTERED POST.  ITEMS OVER £40 NEED TO GO BY REGISTERED POST.

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

Great copy

Stunning track

Forgotten St Ives dancer

Such a beautiful track

Good dancer, super copy

Good double sider

Crossover dancer

More 70's soul

Detroit?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts