Label Balls Ups

Barry

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

After the Kenny (i) Smith - any more bootleg/re-issue balls ups?

Or just general label balls-ups.

post-11700-12541467523532_thumb.jpg$(KGrHqV,!oMF!Z9krnbTBQWh!-OGqQ~~60_35.J37ba05db9e9627fee65f26ff287302c2.jpg

Maybe a daft question again but here goes - Arrangers/producers show up only on the boot and not on either of the orig presses (issue/demo)??

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Maybe a daft question again but here goes - Arrangers/producers show up only on the boot and not on either of the orig presses (issue/demo)??

Believe it or not, that was a legitimate Soussan pressing. Kenny Smith must have added the additional information when he supplied the label copy. I know this was legit 'cos I heard several conversations between Soussan and Kenny at the time.....

Ian D :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Believe it or not, that was a legitimate Soussan pressing. Kenny Smith must have added the additional information when he supplied the label copy. I know this was legit 'cos I heard several conversations between Soussan and Kenny at the time.....

Ian D :D

That was probably also why he mis-spelt the name, so it was easy to identify as a reissue.  Notice he also spelt Lenny wrong on the Lenny Curtis pressing - must have been on purpose.

Social source share

That was probably also why he mis-spelt the name, so it was easy to identify as a reissue.  Notice he also spelt Lenny wrong on the Lenny Curtis pressing - must have been on purpose.

Was there more than one pressing of Lenny Curtis, Pete?  Here are pics of an orig and a boot, and I can't see any difference on 'Lenny'.

post-953-0-34407500-1363797642_thumb.jpg

post-953-0-26175900-1363797653_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Was there more than one pressing of Lenny Curtis, Pete?  Here are pics of an orig and a boot, and I can't see any difference on 'Lenny'.

Yeah they read "Lennie" Gene.  Unless I dreamt that one.  I will find one.

* I can't find one. I must be thinking of something else.  My search goes on  :lol:

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

After the Kenny (i) Smith - any more bootleg/re-issue balls ups?

Or just general label balls-ups.

Some of the Cat Walk originals had back to front labels and the boots copied them  :yes: so people thought originals were boots  :thumbsup:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

The inferior orange label boots of Exus Trek (not the legal reissues) gives the vocal side title as "It's All The Same To You Babe", missing off the "If", and is credited to the Luther INGRAMS Orchestra.

post-953-0-04780200-1363812065.jpg

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!