Prophets "suspicion" Valuation Help Please

Illusive

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The Advance pressings were, in my opinion, the worst ones for sound quality - they may have been the first boots of this, but they were way too fast by a mile.

Personally, I wouldn't give more than £5 for it, though some people who love Motown on helium gas may pay much more.

Social source share

The Advance pressings were, in my opinion, the worst ones for sound quality - they may have been the first boots of this, but they were way too fast by a mile.

Personally, I wouldn't give more than £5 for it, though some people who love Motown on helium gas may pay much more.

Same here, they're terrible, get the one on the Boot label or the Soul Beat one.

Social source share

the one i had 20 odd years ago had a white label, decent quality and played the proper version. JM auctioned an original 10in acetate of it with all the correct info on it so i copied it on to my white label..wish i`d kept that now

Edited by illusive
Social source share

Still got my copy but i've got an interested buyer.

Haven't played it for years but it still evokes great memories.

Bought mine one night at Droysledon.

Not so sure i agree with others comments about helium etc, but each to their own.

The 'helium' comment referred to the speed the bootleg was pressed at - not the track itself............ :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the one i had 20 odd years ago had a white label, decent quality and played the proper version. JM auctioned an original 10in acetate of it with all the correct info on it so i copied it on to my white label..wish i`d kept that now

I remember those - they were pressed in 1990, and were the first pressings to be done at the correct speed, and in excellent quality.  I think there was a small batch of unissued Motown tracks pressed at the same time by the same person - just plain white labels, weren't they?  Done around the same time the Chris Clark version of "Do I Love You" was pressed.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I remember those - they were pressed in 1990, and were the first pressings to be done at the correct speed, and in excellent quality.  I think there was a small batch of unissued Motown tracks pressed at the same time by the same person - just plain white labels, weren't they?  Done around the same time the Chris Clark version of "Do I Love You" was pressed.

yes reconsider as well gene..i bought all 3 but havent bought too many since..got none at all now

Social source share

The white label ones there was about 8 different discs done in total, Gladys Knight, Velvelettes etc, all unissued Motown.

Social source share

when i had it chalks would be over 20 years ago same time as the first press of reconsider and i bought that from dave appleyard along with a mint unplayed dottie and millie...paid more for reconsider than dottie and millie,, :lol: ,,, i think john manship auctioned the acetate of suspicion around 1991....done via his mail order list long before internet

I can remember sorting the last of them into packs. I think there was three or four full sets and then ran out of Suspicion. £50 for a pack I think? That would be about ten years or so ago.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!