Complete Ty Karim

I don't know if this question has ever been asked before and perhaps Adey is the man to answer it but I was just listening to -  The Philips Sisters - Where did you stay last Night - Romark and one of the vocalists sound like Ty Karim. Given that it is a Kent Harris record could it be the late great lady herself ?????

Social source share

I don't know the answer to your question and sorry to hijack thread but as well as hearing more on this I'd also like to read more about Ty Karim and her outstanding double vocal performance on the Towana & Total Destruction 45 (Wear your natural baby / Help me get that feeling) also on Romark.....Was that the only other release she sang her heart out on, or is there more? Thanks, Steve.

Social source share

I don't know the answer to your question and sorry to hijack thread but as well as hearing more on this I'd also like to read more about Ty Karim and her outstanding double vocal performance on the Towana & Total Destruction 45 (Wear your natural baby / Help me get that feeling) also on Romark.....Was that the only other release she sang her heart out on, or is there more? Thanks, Steve.

https://acerecords.co.uk/the-complete-ty-karim-los-angeles-soul-goddess

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm afraid not, the girls were a well established act and Ty never sang with them or the Fran-Cettes

I don't know if this question has ever been asked before and perhaps Adey is the man to answer it but I was just listening to -  The Philips Sisters - Where did you stay last Night - Romark and one of the vocalists sound like Ty Karim. Given that it is a Kent Harris record could it be the late great lady herself ?????

Social source share

Just out, I took a couple round to her daughter Karime last night and she was thrilled and understandably emotional; it's been thirty years this year since she lost her mum. Her daughter (Ty's grandaughter) Ty plays a mean piano, that family ain't finished yet!

A fantastic CD ! I bought it last year and I'll buy the LP, too : https://acerecords.co.uk/wear-your-natural-baby

Less tracks, but different cover.

HIQLP-003_383_383.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!