John Harris And Soul Sayers - Hangin In

so, so far we have

in the UK

Marco Santucci

Carl Willingham

Alex Jones (possibly two copies)

Paul Sadots copy now residing somewhere in the midlands (shhh! ;)

Phil Wainwright

That collector/dealer/dj who shall remain nameless unless he decides to go public..

Malayka

plus that ebay copy from 2011 if its not one of the above..

in Germany

Me

One copy with pic sleeve in the hands of a Beat/Garage collector

in the USA

one in New York

one in Californa (I am pretty sure the other - "hammered" - copy Greg is referring to was recently sold and included above)

all in all 11 plus potentially 2 more copies

so, now go and get hunting ... ;) !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

so, so far we have

in the UK

Marco Santucci

Carl Willingham

Alex Jones (possibly two copies)

Paul Sadots copy now residing somewhere in the midlands (shhh! ;)

Phil Wainwright

That collector/dealer/dj who shall remain nameless unless he decides to go public..

Malayka

plus that ebay copy from 2011 if its not one of the above..

in Germany

Me

One copy with pic sleeve in the hands of a Beat/Garage collector

in the USA

one in New York

one in Californa (I am pretty sure the other - "hammered" - copy Greg is referring to was recently sold and included above)

all in all 11 plus potentially 2 more copies

so, now go and get hunting ... ;) !

Pretty common then ?

My advice would be ..sell it before all the hype wears off ,or before it gets re- issued and becomes over played ;)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I spoke with the guy who owns the 'hammered' copy in California 10 days ago, and he still has it in his collection. He bought a job lot on ebay around 8 years ago, and the John Harris was included....listed amongst a bunch of cheapy to mid range soul 45's. And the lot came from the UK!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

True, but nobody can ever know the answer, it's like asking how big the universe is  :lol:

But ... if the question is asking " how many known copies ?" ..or " who's got one ?" .. it's not the same as " how many copies in existense ? "

It's a bit like tagging Golden eagles Pete .... if you don't start somewhere ,before you know there's anarchy :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Played out oldie IMHO don't know what all the fuss is about, as I'm into played out oldies that are little fuss I will be Willing to take ownership if someone needs a few quid to get by this month :-). I'm such a nice guy sometimes .....

Social source share

Kitch...

Yes Malayka, you are quite right. I have had 2 copies over the years. First copy I bought 15 years ago and the other about 10 yrs ago. I traded one to a guy in the states and the other one i kept till recently.

I must say at the time i thought it was an interesting record but was never sure anyone would play it. That's not saying it's a bad record and to be honest it was tucked away for a long time. Strange thing was that one copy had all english text and the other copy had some german text on it so make of that what you will.

As for "how many copies there are" I think that is just people stirring it up a bit..if they turn up they turn up, if not well..But must say in that 15 years i always kept my eye out for it and did'nt see one till the one on ebay.. Very similar story with the Allison & calvin Turner 45 as well..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes Malayka, you are quite right. I have had 2 copies over the years. First copy I bought 15 years ago and the other about 10 yrs ago. I traded one to a guy in the states and the other one i kept till recently.

I must say at the time i thought it was an interesting record but was never sure anyone would play it. That's not saying it's a bad record and to be honest it was tucked away for a long time. Strange thing was that one copy had all english text and the other copy had some german text on it so make of that what you will.

As for "how many copies there are" I think that is just people stirring it up a bit..if they turn up they turn up, if not well..But must say in that 15 years i always kept my eye out for it and did'nt see one till the one on ebay.. Very similar story with the Allison & calvin Turner 45 as well..

do you remember where you found those two copies ?

Social source share

Very similar story with the Allison & calvin Turner 45 as well..

At risk of slightly hijacking this thread - how rare is this Kitch (assuming it's 'Every Time I'm Near You')? I read on here the other day 'What It is' is the flip which means that side must of been issued twice. Amazing 45 and sounds like a Clay Brown record in many ways....

Edited by corbett80
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

At risk of slightly hijacking this thread - how rare is this Kitch (assuming it's 'Every Time I'm Near You')? I read on here the other day 'What It is' is the flip which means that side must of been issued twice. Amazing 45 and sounds like a Clay Brown record in many ways....

Hi Mate,

The other side is "sweetest Things" or something like that and is a terrible recording which can bearly be heard. The other side was never a great recording but was playable. Again bought this 10-15 years ago and always liked it but at the time didn't think it was right for then but perfect now. Played it a few times and played it at the first of Tef's doo's upstairs at Cleggy..Sometime after that Butch sold one to Sam I think. Funny thing was some of the people upstairs that night later came up to me when sam played it and asked me if I knew it.. :sleep3: ..No accounting...I would think it is pretty rare and still pretty obscure to most as I have always looked out for the label and esspecially this one but to not much success..Hope that helps

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!