Best Record On Ebay

Kev Cane

Don,t shop much on ebay (too lazy) but couldn,t help have a look after seeing Natural High's 50 sweet soul etc auction, he has some great stuff up and I couldn't help but notice someone has a Buddy Smith on aswell, but best record on there for me was George Perkins "Keep On Trying" on GPR, a sublime peice of Deep Soul, George's fantastic vocals with the terminally ill at the time Frank Turners pitiful (in a soulful way) falsetto in the background, doesn't get any better, can't remember how long was left to go, but no bids as yet, crying shame, hope I'm wrong, but as usual, something that should in soulful terms be fetching thousands will probably go unnoticed and fetch a pittance, like I said though, hope I'm wrong

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I guess I'm not alone in that I generally see great records on eBay at price I would have been happy with when searching for something AFTER its sold and then not to be seen again for months! Grrr. All part of the fun of it though I suppose.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I guess I'm not alone in that I generally see great records on eBay at price I would have been happy with when searching for something AFTER its sold and then not to be seen again for months! Grrr. All part of the fun of it though I suppose.

Phew I thought that only happened to me......

I distinctly recall having this mad month sometime back end of last year where I suddenly remembered and thought about searching for a particular record.

A record that I hadn't looked for before so it wasn't in my saved searches.

I stumbled upon at least 4 records I would have eagerly bid on and wanted to win.

One record I rated at £50+ went for £30-ish whilst another I thought was about £125+ just scrapped above £50.

This weirdness hasn't happened since.

And NO it isn't good fun 'cos I wanted them hahaha.

Derek

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest drewid

Re George Perkins , superb soulful vocalist one of my all time 45s is his "I'm so glad you're mine" I made contact with him via his son , George Perkins jnr he has a gospel group called En vision withGeorge Perkins jnr , I messaged( via facebook ) him to tell his father how much hes appreciated

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Re George Perkins , superb soulful vocalist one of my all time 45s is his "I'm so glad you're mine" I made contact with him via his son , George Perkins jnr he has a gospel group called En vision withGeorge Perkins jnr , I messaged( via facebook ) him to tell his father how much hes appreciated

Yes, its an all timer of mine to, that was the point of the thread, incredible records being ignored for the so called trophies, as already stated, soul content wise GP should be thousands and many more like it, but, they will be passed over

Kev

Social source share

Guest drewid

Kev, in a way I don't mind them being passed over as they remain(cost wise) available to people who aren't trophy hunters , bloody hate it when the price goes barmy, sort of tarnishes the rec in a way for me , think I had a lot to agree on Pete lawsons views on that side of things

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!