Instrumentals

Guest Phil Armstrong

Remember this being played to death by Soul Sam as a one off for a couple of years

Also being at Wigan when this was played but never reached the heights of Derek & Ray

Edited by Phil Armstrong
Social source share

• Replies 258
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I exchanged a load of somethings for Juggy Thock it to me Honi when I was worse for wear... it touched a note, the fact it isn't uploaded on Youtube shows that you probably had to be 'in a state' to hear it.

No idea who the exchange was with... a mate of Alan Day that's about as much as I remember apart from the horn section

Correction - thought it was odd that it hadn't been uploaded... what was that detective series set in Amsterdam?

https://youtu.be/3nRDbpSOfZw

Edited by a8drewson
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

In the end, when the talking's done, that's what counts!

Absolutely :thumbsup: ......I'm totally uneducated when it comes to labels, bootlegs, originals etc. Still got two record cases full of old classics from way back very early 70's that I used to buy from a mailing list that was posted to me every month (my teenage days) but I wouldn't even know if any of them where original or copies. Wouldn't part with them for anything because there value to me is purely sentimental......and that's about as romantic as I get  :P

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If there's any Bolton soulies on here who are as ancient ( :ohmy: ) as me who frequented the famous Wheatsheaf pub in the early 70's......this one was always being played on the juke box. Some fab memories from way back then.......where did the years go???  :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

My first post, where I actually manage to stick a playable link onto SS, It's number #243 on the 'Instrumentals' thread.(I've never heard this before). So I expect to get either slagged off, by you guys, or get some sort of feedback. So, am I all of a sudden invisible, beneath contempt, or what ? Is this track played, if so where and by who ? I'm not used to coming on SS and being ignored ! 

Edited by Dave Ward
Social source share

My first post, where I actually manage to stick a playable link onto SS, It's number #243 on the 'Instrumentals' thread.(I've never heard this before). So I expect to get either slagged off, by you guys, or get some sort of feedback. So, am I all of a sudden invisible, beneath contempt, or what ? Is this track played, if so where and by who ? I'm not used to coming on SS and being ignored ! 

Track 243 never herd it played out not to say it hasn't been. Its an LP track so I would have thought that might ring a few bells with the modern slightly funky edged followers on here.

Still dont touch Cool aid.. Atb Irish..https://youtu.be/KBX27j9sr34

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Track 243 never herd it played out not to say it hasn't been. Its an LP track so I would have thought that might ring a few bells with the modern slightly funky edged followers on here.

Still dont touch Cool aid.

Cochise as well !!!, I heard the LP track and just thought, I'm surprised no-one has had a go at this, there are shorter versions as well !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!