Al Williams

It's been on ebay before, demo and issues.  

Don't think I'd pay more than £2.5k/£3k for a minter.  

I wouldn't buy one with two cracks.  

VG- with two crack and £1700 already, do people not care about the quality of the 45 or is it a case of look what I've got?

A linbk would be nice as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-WILLIAMS-GREAT-DETROIT-NORTHERN-SOUL-45-LA-BEAT-6602-LISTEN-TO-BOTH-SIDES-/221202786434?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3380b6a882

Social source share

It's been on ebay before, demo and issues.

Don't think I'd pay more than £2.5k/£3k for a minter.

I wouldn't buy one with two cracks.

VG- with two crack and £1700 already, do people not care about the quality of the 45 or is it a case of look what I've got?

A linbk would be nice as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-WILLIAMS-GREAT-DETROIT-NORTHERN-SOUL-45-LA-BEAT-6602-LISTEN-TO-BOTH-SIDES-/221202786434?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3380b6a882

Answers me questions as to values.

Didnt post a link because its appearing in the ads to the right & wouldnt want to bump up an auction unduly.

Aid

Edited by MrsWoodsrules
Social source share

...VG- with two crack and £1700 already, do people not care about the quality of the 45 or is it a case of look what I've got?..

Its "only" 1700 USD and not UKP but still, unbelievable indeed. a unsleeved stored and vg- record...with two (!) cracks. and yet already on its way to achieve more than guide price. c-r-a-z-y indeed!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Its "only" 1700 USD and not UKP but still, unbelievable indeed. a unsleeved stored and vg- record...with two (!) cracks. and yet already on its way to achieve more than guide price. c-r-a-z-y indeed!

The pound sign should have been a dollar sign. 

Social source share

Guest giant

Okay, so what's this gonna fetch?

Never seen a La-beat on on ebay before.

Just had a sportsmans bet with me brother it does £4000+ and it's vg-

Or am I way out? Maybe less?

Aid.

a minter goes for around £2500 or £3000 max 'sold a mint- copy to Keb Darge when he was living in London around 1999  for £750.00 real bargain compared to the crazy prices of today.

Social source share

a minter goes for around £2500 or £3000 max 'sold a mint- copy to Keb Darge when he was living in London around 1999  for £750.00 real bargain compared to the crazy prices of today.

Hey Bahar, how's it going?

I know you've let a few 'good un's' go in your time.

Nice one to own that, a minter that is.

Aid.

Social source share

I've always wondered about Al Williams at 3 or 4 seconds into the music -  is there is a jump?  I've listened to it dozens of time and still can't make my mind up.  :g:  It's there on the ebay recording too, and my grapevine copy and mp3 etc. 

Anyone else ever thought the same?  Or is just me? :lol:   

Social source share

I've always wondered about Al Williams at 3 or 4 seconds into the music -  is there is a jump?  I've listened to it dozens of time and still can't make my mind up.  :g:  It's there on the ebay recording too, and my grapevine copy and mp3 etc. 

Anyone else ever thought the same?  Or is just me? :lol:   

No I've wondered the same myself, if not  a jump it seems to miss a beat.

Social source share

May well be the case that the Palmer copy has the same fault (never been lucky enough to have one) but I seem to recall someone at TOTW with one to sell telling me it didn't.

If my memory is unreliable I can only apologise. Even those nights at Stafford are 30 years ago now!

Social source share

Guest giant

Isn't there a fault in the mastering? I seem to recall that the Palmer copy plays as intended.

correct definitely fault in the mastering, problems with all the  LA BEAT copies i have had two  over the years.

Social source share

Okay, so what's this gonna fetch?

Never seen a La-beat on on ebay before.

Just had a sportsmans bet with me brother it does £4000+ and it's vg-

Or am I way out? Maybe less?

Aid.

Sore point ...I spotted one on eBay about 4yr back for $200 buy it now !

Pressed the button in a flash ,paid the money ..waited ...and waited ...and waited ...

Still waiting :(

Social source share

Guest giant

off topic a little.. has anybody noticed on bobby williams ive only got myself to blame theres a similar type o `blip` about 4 seconds in

correct 'i have noticed this as well.

Social source share

Guest giant

Sore point ...I spotted one on eBay about 4yr back for $200 buy it now !

Pressed the button in a flash ,paid the money ..waited ...and waited ...and waited ...

Still waiting :(

another conman its bad news ' why didn't you claim from paypal.

Social source share

That's not a jump. It's a pronounced guitar chord/scale . I just listened and listened again. The snare drum is on every beat, therefore it's hard to distinguish , but listen carefully, the first four beats (one bar) are bang on,the first beat of the second bar is where I'm assuming the 'skip' is? it doesn't miss a beat, what you hear is an emphasised 'pluck' on a string, making it sound like a recording or pressing error

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it..... Fabulous record though

Edited by IanP
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest The Record Box

This one doing its rounds again, still another four times around the block and it will end up a G minus!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!