Larry Clinton

Jaco

As for Eddie Holman when Chris King first brought him to the UK in the mid 80s to perform at Stafford he didn't initially have a clue what the Larry Clinton 45 was and pretty much didn't want anything to do with it, certainly didn't want to learn it and sing it. I was asked or invited by Chris to attend the first rehearsal by Eddie, who was totally bemused by when shown the Larry Clinton 45 with his credit on it and had to be cajoled by Chris into having a go at it

do I understand you correct in that eddie Holman did knew the tune before the above described scenario ? what is the explanation for his credits on the record and the two unrel 6ts versions existing sung by him ?

Social source share

From memory (maybe blurry) 3 stock copies resided with Eddie Holman - i think Larry Clinton  died or was killed at the time of release .Whatever the exact events there was only 3 stockers ,presumably withdrawn and skipped.

thats sounds feasible andy but theres every chance that a couple or three could have `escaped` :rolleyes:  from the pressing plant. i wonder who this copy is coming from,,,,,,the states but from whom....i`m sure john will share when he lists it.i hope so.. when chaddy got that red stocker i was recipitant of the poor relation out of that pack that night.still a lucky/happy boy tho

Social source share

do I understand you correct in that eddie Holman did knew the tune before the above described scenario ? what is the explanation for his credits on the record and the two unrel 6ts versions existing sung by him ?

I understand it that EH simply forgot about LC and both unreleased tunes

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Theres a good few demos about,kev murphy who chalky mentioned has an issue.

is there anyone abroad who might have an issue and a demo?
Social source share

carl fortnum had a red issue  it went to steve chadwick via gary fields at the griffin hotel mid nineties £1000 i think....there must be 50 odd demo`s in the uk ive had half a dozen chances to buy it but the pockets arnt deep enough....and ther`ll be a batch of red issues somewhere they wont just have pressed up 3

hi dave, gaz field got the red stocker off gary spencer, carl had the common demo

Social source share

hi dave, gaz field got the red stocker off gary spencer, carl had the common demo

i knew it wo summat like that...there were four records in that pack from the out  a site guys 3 for chaddy  (about £4000 worth) and one for me and our bri at£500 that it took us 6 weeks to save for lol :lol:

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

I personally wouldn't rate demos in the rarest of the rare category, maybe about 25 to 30 around? There are 4 in Australia alone, plus one of the 2 known issues. Kev Murphy told me that his red issue was the same copy that Richard spun at Wigan.

Cheers.......Pete

Social source share

carl fortnum had a red issue  it went to steve chadwick via gary fields at the griffin hotel mid nineties £1000 i think....there must be 50 odd demo`s in the uk ive had half a dozen chances to buy it but the pockets arnt deep enough....and ther`ll be a batch of red issues somewhere they wont just have pressed up 3

i remember that nite at the griffin dave i allways thought it was gary spencers ? as he and carl were on that nite £800 was the price i had heard ,i snagged otis lee for £100 that nite so if thats gone up 7 or 8 times that puts larry c at about £5000 plus about right for a red issue, have seen a few w/d but all have had gold stickers on, there was another sales box with expensive stuff in camaros ect belonging to a guy named frosty i think ? great venue col Edited by colsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!