News: Silas Phifer of the Mello Souls - RIP

Steve Green met I'm in a nursing home so pretty sure he was aware of the Mello 45's impact over here.

Brilliant Chalky, I reckon that will have made him feel that even though not financially, it was worth it, thought Steve would have posted summat as great as that, unless I missed it

Kev

Social source share

Sad news...he has made an idelible mark on our beloved scene via his recordings...that's for sure.

Are there any pictures in circulation of our hero?

RIP Silas

Social source share

r.i.p silas the voice behind a record thats possibly had more impact on the scene in the last 27 years since it was first played than any other since. just oozes quality imho

Truer words never spoken, mate.

Let us also not forget that it is actually a duet - which lines are Silas and who is the other main singer?!

Social source share

Let us also not forget that it is actually a duet - which lines are Silas and who is the other main singer?!

Jim-T according to his brother-in-law Howard Govens (Jims that is not Silas) sure Andy or someone with investgation skill could find out - from this page

https://www.evanwsmithfuneralservices.com/book-of-memories/1497650/Phifer-Silas/view-condolences.php?Printable=true

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

Guest ruppy

thanks on the info proffessor,rix,but i must give Mark Dobson a big thanks for what must be his best discovery ever &  17 years covered up to,

mick h

Edited by ruppy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!