Pop A Top Versions

TOAD

:hatsoff2: HI ALL YOU POP A TOPERS/ RYTHM BASED AROUND DERRICK MORGANS FAT MAN, ENGINEERD REMAKE OF THE TUNE BY ANDY CAPP, PIONEERING USE OF THE DUB EFFECT, MANY VERSIONS OF THE ORIGANAL 4 MIXES HAVE BEEN DONE OVER THE YEARS, HOWEVER TO GET INTO THE GROOVE YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF FAT MAN DERICK MORGAN, ANDY CAPP POP A TOP TREASURE ISLE, DERICK POP THE TOP UNITY , VERSION 3 POPPY SHOW ANDY CAPP DUKE 71,

THERE ARE A FEW MORE ESSENTIAL VERSIONS TO ADD, BUT THESE ARE THE ONES I ORIGANALY HAD IN 1970

HOPE THIS HELPS :g: DAVE

Social source share

very helpfull as usuall got a blank here with reverb trying to get the correct title inst on the b side i think its ja only ?

TOADY BOY

AS WITH 98% OF REGGAE, THE BEST RECORDS FOR TRUE SOUUND ARE THE ORIG JA COPIES, MOST RECORDS ON UK LABELS ARE DUBED FROM JA ORIG, ALSO THE UK ADDED THE VIOLINS?? LOVE THEM OR

HATE THEM

DAVE

Social source share

Guest brivinyl

very helpfull as usuall got a blank here with reverb trying to get the correct title inst on the b side i think its ja only ?

JA Dynamic blank plays POPPY SHOW / POP-A-TOP version 2

Social source share

Guest brivinyl

dyna 913 -1 pop a top dyna 912-1 (6a?) fat man is the one i have

Different blank to the one I have. Mine's DYNA 873 - 1  (POPPY SHOW) / DYNA 874 -1 (POP-A-TOP version 2).

Look carefully in the run out groove because some Dynamic blanks have the titles scratched in.

Social source share

Different blank to the one I have. Mine's DYNA 873 - 1  (POPPY SHOW) / DYNA 874 -1 (POP-A-TOP version 2).

Look carefully in the run out groove because some Dynamic blanks have the titles scratched in.

:hatsoff2: HI YES INDEED, In the case Poppy Show the title is on the blank from DYNAMICS, NOT 100% but did this come out on JA TIGER? :ohmy:

:g: You may need a magnifying glass to read it! as I suffer from BLOCK EYE (to many Freddie MILLS & to many ALL NIGHT events causes this) :thumbsup: Can I recommend to you on MAGNET RECORDS mago53-A WINSTON FRANCIS "RUN SAD SAP" Vocally inspired by ANDY CAPP,

You can get one for a £5, RECOMENDED TIP TOP :rofl: DAVE K

Social source share

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there i have all these boss tunes and many more picked up over the last 35 years or so but most of these are totally skinheaded out been lucky to find good ones till now , there's a record shop near me sells unplayed bbc library stock , recently picked up orange trojan fat man , pop a top andy capp , wappen king cannon , drifter dennis walks on crab , sufferer kingstonians , soul sisters wreck a buddy on amalgamated . Liquidator mint copy he has lots of blue coxsone as well all mint told jnr peckings he nearlly had a thrombosis , though mister wants serious bunce for these gems as he knows what treasure he has , misters dealer or lets say purveyor of rare boss reggae , rock steady and ska seems to have serious amounts of this bbc wonderfullness as there allways seems to be another few brand new 40 plus year old boss reggae tunes on his shelf , so slowly i am getting these these gems like going to record shop in 68/69 brand spankers

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL YOU POP-A-TOPPERS, I was moving my LPs about yesterday, and had a good session, when I come across one of my favourite LPs on TROJAN from 1970,  REGGAE BLAST OFF - BYRON LEE & the DRAGONAIRES - TBL-110,  

Only B Lee had the gal to cover the popular Skinhead tunes of 69, O side a is a great version of Andy Capps masterpiece,

"POP-A-TOP if you don't have this LP? you better cough and get off.  Not sure what tracks come out on 7" also another Andy Capp classic the LAW is on the B side, I will scan the labels later, no idea of the cost of this LP, about £22ish :thumbsup: DAVE K

Social source share

Sorry to have offended you in any way mr toad , i did mention two versions of the fat man rythm and just broadened it a little , this is my first posting and i just shared my luck at getting these tunes i thought with like minded jamaican / us music lovers i honestly did not know it was a one track train metaphorically speaking , so my sincere appologies

Heres another poppa title as a kind of compensation

Iron capone ( dennis al capone ) poppa version on upset

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sorry to have offended you in any way mr toad , i did mention two versions of the fat man rythm and just broadened it a little , this is my first posting and i just shared my luck at getting these tunes i thought with like minded jamaican / us music lovers i honestly did not know it was a one track train metaphorically speaking , so my sincere appologies

Heres another poppa title as a kind of compensation

Iron capone ( dennis al capone ) poppa version on upset

Wouldn't worry about it, nice to have someone new on board.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Just scored a right result off e bay , iron capone (dennis al capone ) pop a version on upset ja for a quid , a bleedin quid , postage is 4 quid mind , but a quid come on result , upsetter production , tune , and its vg my other one is vs , very shagged , also got some studio one dub plate mixes from duke peckings , sound dimension in dub the boss sounds in dub unbelievable blew my socks off

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!