Ray Lewis "give My Love A Try" Fairmount Valuation ?

Stefan

Hi Stefan, hope you are good! I was always told this was actually very rare, and turned down a number of good offers in old days for this.

I am sure this used to book about £250 in the guides but I have tried to sell it a couple of times for about £125, as it is probably about VG+, with absolutely no interest. I suspect like lots of that style the market has shrunk.

Its a fantastic record both sides though, so if you are selling, will be interested to see how it does.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Jocko, I'm fine many thanks mate !

I agree with you that it rarely turns up and that is a fantastic record. Personnally "Getting Over you" is my side.

It ranges from $ 80 to $ 300 (wide variation) on popsike with a copy sold in 2012 for $ 225.

It is probably more sought after by the sweet soul collectors than the northern soul purist.

I think that i will ask him what is his best offer for an EX copy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This was in demand / buzzed about years ago (possibly due to a new manship guide listing) and then it disappeared. but copies didn't come through for sale either, not clear what happened. one just sold 15 days ago, and a few in the last year, but it had been years before that since i had seen one for sale.

Social source share

Finally stay in box.

Indeed Bob, it doesn't many turn up and it has taken  me a few years to find a clean copy.

Anyone can confirm that Jimi Hendrix plays guitar on "Getting Over You" due to the connection with Fairmount productions & Lonnie Youngblood around this time ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!