Earl Harrison

Roburt

The great SirShambling web site has posted up some new pages and one of them is on Earl Harrison ......

.... https://www.sirshambling.com/artists_2012/H/earl_harrison/index.php

I never realised that "Humphrey Stomp / Can You Forgive" was the guys only release ............

... even though it came out on 3 US & 1 UK legit labels .

... PLUS ... was one of the 1st British soul bootleg 45s.

A UK 45 release on the London label back in the day, "Humphrey Stomp" quickly became a top UK mod / soul club anthem.

The track was a big allniter play from 1967 onwards.
The track was such a club anthem that when copies of the 45 on UK London 'dried up' (& imports were still hard to get here in 1970), the record became one of the 1st ever UK soul 45 bootlegs when put out on the SOUL SOUNDS label.

A great double sider that has stood the test of time well.

Is much of anything known about Earl ??

post-22122-0-33189400-1364198102_thumb.j

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Thanks but John this is not quite right.

I interviewed the songwriter, And there is a bit in my book about it all (plug plug!). Suffice to say the Wand release was before Garrison and was pulled and replaced with the Garrison release. And yes it does exist on Wand.   

Social source share

Thanks but John this is not quite right.

I interviewed the songwriter, And there is a bit in my book about it all (plug plug!). Suffice to say the Wand release was before Garrison and was pulled and replaced with the Garrison release. And yes it does exist on Wand.   

Mr. Biryani, it may not be quite right (I presume you're talkin bout the info on SirShambling) but its no good telling me ..

...... you have to tell John Ridley. 

BUT pray tell us why there were so many weird Wand happenings such as this (Wand licensed tracks not appearing at all or only in limited quantities) ...... then we can save some money on the book !!!

BTW, I posted up a scan of the Wand 45 in the opening entry of this thread, so I know it exists (just have never seen one 'in the flesh'). 

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!