There's Just No Pleasing Some Folks

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I don't sell on Ebay very often, just a few bits for the man of the house but recently sold a 45 of mine. As the seller ratings are just as important as the positive feedback, I thought I'd give the best service I could.

The item was won in the evening - I posted it just as the P.O opened in the morning. The buyer marked me down!!

Item was undergraded purposely, so that there could be no dispute and I wanted him to be thrilled - The buyer marked me down!!

Seller communication - I informed him every step of the way - Buyer marked me down!!

Lastly Postage....The deal was to include "recorded delivery" - The buyer asked if I would send standard, as it was a hard trek to the post office to collect. I informed him that I would refund every penny in excess of the actual cost and I also don't charge for the packing. How many others refund the excess???? Yet the miserable B**tard still marked me down!!

I spent the whole weekend really narked and yesterday couldn't help myself,so I sent him a message asking why. He replied that it was an accident...how can that be?? And could he rectify this?? I don't think thats possible and the sad thing is that I wanted an item he had for sale too.

Just no pleasing some folk eh! :(

Social source share

You're just a bad person !!!

Didn't you offer to deliver personally, by hand ?? Probably mark you down for that too.  Some people try it on hoping you will refund as a gesture of good will.

Not everyone on E-Bay is as honest as you and others like.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

This is why I didn't buy his record for sale.....I would have been too tempted to give him f**k all star ratings!!!

Social source share

I know how you feel! I always post within 24h after payment and charge actual postage only, yet I used to get marked down every there and then in DSR for dispatch time and postage charges.

I think that for every 100 decent buyers on Ebay, there is always one sick saddo who deliberately goes out of their way to try and jeopardise other sellers' ratings (or send abusive PMs), by whatever means necessary.  

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

What do you mean 'mark down'?

Does that mean not score 5? Or does it mean score a 4 or a 3?

Richard

Yes Richard. You can score up to a 5. If the transaction is faultless in every aspect of the sale then a 5 is the best. I very rarely mark anyone down on the detailed seller ratings. It's only usually when i've been ripped off with postage costs.

Its impossible to "mark down" accidentally, as this buyer claims, and think he was only apologetic in fear of losing a sale himself. As a regular seller, you'd think he'd behave better.

Social source share

I didn't realise 5 stars should be the default unless there's been a problem. I generally only give 5's for total outstanding perfection. Otherwise, 3 or 4s. Perhaps that's my misunderstanding of the system.

Complete misunderstanding. Too many 3* ratings could even ban sellers.

Social source share

I didn't realise 5 stars should be the default unless there's been a problem. I generally only give 5's for total outstanding perfection. Otherwise, 3 or 4s. Perhaps that's my misunderstanding of the system.

Yeah 5 stars is default, only subtract them if service has been poor.

I always leave less starts when people overcharge me postage.

Social source share

I always leave less starts when people overcharge me postage.

So do I when buying from german sellers. I know what the postage is (€1.45) , I know how much a mailer costs (€0.30). So any seller charging more than €2.00 gets less stars from me.

Social source share

I always give 5 stars as i've never had any problems, dealt many times with the same sellers and got my 100% rating as a buyer (also got 100% rating as a seller although i don't sell much). BUT i always check sellers ratings (those i don't know) before i will but a bid in.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I always give 5 stars as i've never had any problems, dealt many times with the same sellers and got my 100% rating as a buyer (also got 100% rating as a seller although i don't sell much). BUT i always check sellers ratings (those i don't know) before i will but a bid in.

I totally agree with You Gogs and this is my concern! My account is usually for purchases, so the odd sale that I do put up will be severely affected by the DSR ratings. If there was any fault on my part, then I'm fair game to be marked down, so the fact that he marked me down for the sake of it (or in his words "accidentally") really p**ses me off.

5 is always the default for me and I take great pleasure in leaving positive feedback. Good service should be recognised. :yes: 

Social source share

The feedback system isn't very effective anymore..............especially for small sellers.  Every one has noticed they really want high volume corporates.........

Sellers shouldn't be bullied by EvilBay, and low feedback should just be allowed to exist so people buy from them less.  Giving everyone 5, which is what has happened by defualt, means feedback now means less than it did.............

Trouble is they have never much cared for the customer, just the revenue streams..............

PS I use it every day :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Little different I know but why if someone don't pay you, you can't leave them a neg it's ridiculous, I'm also not bothering with eBay anymore theres way to many idiots which often makes you forget about all the decent folks on there. I'm now selling all my eBay items in bulk to another dealer I'll make less but don't have the hassle.

eBay PayPal they both suck

Darren

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest The Record Box

I am selling a smoke mashine in Ebay for 799 Euros or best offer. One cretin offered me 150 Euros for it.

I can just hope that he got electrified whilst typing in his stupid offer.

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

On the other hander being a very understandable person I have come to the conclusion that this patient is beyond all the skills of a General Practician.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!