Ace Etrack April 2013

Mike

eTRACK April 2013

eTRACK April 2013

New releases from Ace records

Master Of The Cajun Accordion: The Classic Swallow Recordings Master Of The Cajun Accordion: The Classic Swallow Recordings
Louisiana/New Orleans
Nathan Abshire
CD £11.50

Top accordionist Nathan Abshire at his very best in the Cajun honky-tonk and revival eras of the 1960s and 1970s. The packed booklet features a newly researched essay by Lyle Ferbrache plus song analysis and discography.

Finders Keepers - Motown Girls 1961-1967 Finders Keepers - Motown Girls 1961-1967
Girls
Various Artists (Motown)
CD £12.92

Motown’s feminine side, including a dozen unissued masters from the vaults.

Liberation Music: Spiritual Jazz And The Art Of Protest Liberation Music: Spiritual Jazz And The Art Of Protest
Vocal Jazz
Various Artists (Flying Dutchman)
CD £11.50

Bob Thiele’s Flying Dutchman record label started out as a collision of politics and spiritual jazz. This compilation uses music, poetry and speeches to tell the story of those radical early years. The shadows of John Coltrane and Martin Luther King loom large as does a new, more violent world that rose up in their wake.

The Fraternity Years The Fraternity Years
60s Rock
Mouse And The Traps
LP £16.21

Classic garage rock on 180gm coloured vinyl. Includes a previously unissued alternate version of the 1968 single ‘Sometimes You Just Can’t Win.’

The Moods Of Millie Jackson The Moods Of Millie Jackson
70s Soul
Millie Jackson
CD £11.50

The ultimate ballads from the length and breadth of Millie’s career at Spring Records. From heart-wrenching to the hottest sensual soul.

Wear Your Natural Baby Wear Your Natural Baby
Northern Soul
Ty Karim
LP £16.21

A sultry soul stomper of an LP from the revered Ty Karim, featuring all her dancefloor favourites.

Electric Music For The Mind And Body Electric Music For The Mind And Body
60s Rock
Country Joe & The Fish
CD £12.14

The vintage 1967 mono and stereo mixes of an avowed psychedelic masterpiece on CD for the first time.

South Texas Rhythm'n'Soul Revue South Texas Rhythm'n'Soul Revue
60s Soul
Various Artists (Music Enterprises Inc)
CD £11.50

The singles released by Denise LaSalle on Westbound Records between 1970 and 1976 include some of the most musically satisfying moments in southern soul.

Coming soon from Ace records

She Wobbles When She Walks / Too Young She Wobbles When She Walks / Too Young
Northern Soul
Various Artists (Kent singles)
7" £9.86

(Just A Little) Faith And Understanding / Rising Higher (Just A Little) Faith And Understanding / Rising Higher
Northern Soul
7" £9.86

I Don't Play Games (With My Heart) / You Got What It Takes I Don't Play Games (With My Heart) / You Got What It Takes
Northern Soul
7" £9.86

I Can't Hold On / I'm Not Built That Way I Can't Hold On / I'm Not Built That Way
Northern Soul
Various Artists (Pied Piper)
7" £9.86

Set My Heart At Ease / I'm Comin' Home Set My Heart At Ease / I'm Comin' Home
Northern Soul
Various Artists (Pied Piper)
7" £9.86

Lady Day And John Coltrane / See-Saw Affair Lady Day And John Coltrane / See-Saw Affair
Vocal Jazz
Various Artists (Flying Dutchman)
7" £6.92

My Young Misery / That Beatin' Rhythm My Young Misery / That Beatin' Rhythm
Northern Soul
7" £6.92

Dixie Women / Don't Knock It Dixie Women / Don't Knock It
Rhythm & Blues
7" £6.92

Midnight Blues Paris London 1968-1972 Midnight Blues Paris London 1968-1972
Pop
Francoise Hardy
CD £11.50

A welcome opportunity to hear France’s preeminent female singer-songwriter perform in English.

C'est Chic! French Girl Singers Of The 60s C'est Chic! French Girl Singers Of The 60s
Girls
Various Artists (Ace International)
LP £16.21

A dozen hand-picked girl pop gems from France , epicentre of the 1960s yé-yé phenomenon. Pressed on 180g blonde vinyl in a heavy duty sleeve.

Cesar 830 Cesar 830
Funk
Cesar
CD £7.43

Scorching latin funk and soul from mid 70s New York. Features the classic dancefloor masterpiece ‘See Saw Affair’.

Spirits Known And Unknown Spirits Known And Unknown
Vocal Jazz
Leon Thomas
CD £7.43

Thomas’ debut album for Flying Dutchman is one of the most jaw-dropping expressions of vocal jazz ever recorded. Featuring most of Pharoah Sanders band, including Pharoah under the name Little Rock, this is an undisputed classic.

Expansions Expansions
Funk
Lonnie Liston Smith
CD £7.43

The classic jazz funk masterpiece, one of the finest albums of the 1970s, mastered from original first generation tapes and sounding better than ever.

Something New To Do: The Phillip Mitchell Songbook Something New To Do: The Phillip Mitchell Songbook
70s Soul
Various Artists (Songwriter Series)
CD £11.50

23 of the greatest compositions by this genius of Southern Soul songwriting, performed by some of the finest soul artists of the 70s.

It's Me - Classic Texas Soul 1965-1972 It's Me - Classic Texas Soul 1965-1972
60s Soul
Johnny Copeland
CD £17.75

Testifyin’ Texas soul with a sizzlin’ side of blues from one of the American south’s most emotionally committed soulmen of the 60s and 70s.

Mod Jazz Mod Jazz
Mod/Club
Various Artists (Mod Jazz Series)
LP £19.92

The classic compilation that invented a genre on vinyl for the first time. Pressed on 180g orange vinyl in a heavy duty sleeve.
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!