Articles: Mel Britt - Northern Soul Icon

your right about that day DAVE ....its was the best day of my life without a doubt....i bet MEL BRITT  is getting his ear bent by GLENN HUNTER and DAVE POINTON about that day...i miss them MACC lads loads ...gone but not forgotten .....kev...

Hiya Kev , Absolutety Mate. Glen will be bugging Eddie Singleton about a few Shrine 45s too I'm sure! Great lads, great memories.  ;-)   

Regards,

Dave

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Oh boy,would have loved to have been there,this tune always puts a lump in my throat and as the power to bring a tier to my eye.

One of the most powerful soul records i've ever heard,From a young lad til now.

Those violins have never sounded as sad as they do now

R I P  Melvin Britt

God Bless His Soul

Social source share

Lovely piece Dave. Mel Britt. What can you say?

In 1978 I was pretty much disillusioned with the way the scene was going music wise and one night at Wigan, around 6am, sat upstairs on the balcony in the middle of a 'grump', who should come to my rescue but Mel Britt. It was a supremely uplifting moment, and one I'll never forget as long as I live. RIP Mel Britt...

Social source share

Well done Dave for the recanting of a special day for the Soulies there & also Chalky for finding & putting up the You Tube clip. I shed a tear that day as did the majority of people in the diner, a remarkable & very humbling moment in my journey through life. RIP. Mel. :hatsoff2:

Spot. :shades:

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Well done Dave for the recanting of a special day for the Soulies there & also Chalky for finding & putting up the You Tube clip. I shed a tear that day as did the majority of people in the diner, a remarkable & very humbling moment in my journey through life. RIP. Mel. :hatsoff2:

Spot. :shades:

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

nice one Dave, it was so so great to be a part of it all. john and i sat with francis nero  for dinner and as the day progressed the mel britt thing sing a long was a really moment in time.........i remember chatting to him and sadly having to guide his hand to autogragh a sheet. you cannot imagine how he must have felt at that time.

Social source share

Guest oldsoulgit

What a great response at the soul night in Biddulph when Sean Chapman played S.C.R.B

Last night,

Cheers Jim.

Social source share

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!