Decent Cd Compilations

Guest johnm

Guest johnm

Anyone out there recommend a couple of good CD compilations which contain original

recodrings as opposed to the re-recorded/updated cd's that I've mistakenly bought.

A friend was asking for some cd's to listen to anf I don't want to make the mistakes

I've made.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Thanks Shane

but that's abig site -- any chance of a starter for ten?

the 'allnighter' series compiled by tim brown are decent purchases. you can get them on the goldsoul site

Shane

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

The best ones I have have been given out at do's.

Of the shop bought ones. The 4 CD box set, put together by Flynny has the most consistently good tunes on IMHO. Cant remember its actual title tho off hand. Someone will post it I'm sure.

If you are looking for some great, onscure tracks then take a chance on any Kent Cd, but especially the millionaires ones.

Social source share

The best ones I have have been given out at do's.

Of the shop bought ones. The 4 CD box set, put together by Flynny has the most consistently good tunes on IMHO. Cant remember its actual title tho off hand. Someone will post it I'm sure.

If you are looking for some great, onscure tracks then take a chance on any Kent Cd, but especially the millionaires ones.

Sought after soul ,from daves and tony smiths collections,is this still availlable my copy's knackered after years of hammering.Good choice mikey,indicative of what its all about.

Salmon. :lol:

Social source share

As mentioned if your looking to dig abit deeper, any of the Kent CD's are a must, most CD's tend to be aload of crap aimed at the revival side of things you tend to get in the more main stream shop's. most soul nights/nighters have some decent CD's for sale from dealers,

the best ones i always find are ones people have put together, PM me your address and i'll send you a couple of mine.

Social source share

A lot of good CDs around, yiou just have to plough thru listings that detail track listings to find what suits. Be careful, there is a lot of duplication of tracks amongst CDs and also there are a lot of CDs with one or two decent tracks, then 'filled' with crap

Happy hunting

Grant

Social source share

Anyone out there recommend a couple of good CD compilations which contain original

recodrings as opposed to the re-recorded/updated cd's that I've mistakenly bought.

A friend was asking for some cd's to listen to anf I don't want to make the mistakes

I've made.

Depends on whether you want well known northern stuff, or just good quality tracks without all the usual suspects.

Diamonds and Pearls on Goldmine is excellent GSCD 76 bit of both

The essential Northern soul story GSCD1 ( which I think is deleted now) but absolutely fantastic and worth hunting down all good quality proper Northern soul no pop stuff on it

Floorpackin GSCD 114

Living the nightlife on Kent CDKEND 104 mainly stuff on Wand/sceptre

This is northern soul volumes 1 and 2 on motown/spectrum

You won't go wrong with any of those

Kev

:lol:

Social source share

Guest johnm

Thanks for all your suggestions....

I'll go searching and be more discerning in my choice....

I'll close the topic.

Social source share