Got Ur Own Record Room?

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

Finally got round to converting the under used dining room to my own record room. What a result.

Have you got your own record room too...?

Lets have have a look

I'll put pics up of mine tomorrow when its done

Atb

Andy

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

I also have my own record room under the roof, complete with 2 x Technics SL1200 LTD Gold and a Pioneer 600 all sitting in a nice flightcase.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On the one wall I've got three floor to ceiling bookshelves containing all my singles (well not all, just the soul and reggae), theres a table pushed against the next wall which has my mac and pc on it, then on the third wall (the one opposite the singles) there's a tv, sky, playstation 3 and a jukebox.  Now if I had a pool table the room would be complete but if I did, no-one would be able to get in.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Secret passage to mine but only works for me..like Narnia..takes me to a different place away from the day to day! Wife sometimes locks me in there by mistake as she doesn't know it exists! Actually I think she does know but I like to think its just my sanctuary, which it truly is when I need it. If only it were bigger.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

He he. Nice one steve. The mrs has insisted i move into another roon so she can pretend i am not there. Bet she remembers where i am when the bins need taking out tho

Social source share

I've got one but the missus has invaded it and put "pretty" stuff in it like flowers and paintings and her books on a bookshelf.

Mine is fairly clear at the moment, but at various times is the dumping ground for all of our clutter.

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

Be honest Pete, then you can enjoy the pleasure of smoking without being harrassed!! If only Sir Walter Raleigh was into Northern Soul.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Thats a whole different ball game tony. Hell lets face we would all love to have that but thats ady. And ady is ady and thats,why he is a legend but i am referring to us average joe schmoes

Social source share

My first shelves were bought ready built, ended up years later building to my own specifications using contiboard.

Designing from scratch It took me and my Son a day putting them together , measuring etc.

Custom built and definitely worth the trouble as I managed to create strong shelves that also allow air to circulate at the back of them, floor to ceiling.

Social source share

On the one wall I've got three floor to ceiling bookshelves containing all my singles (well not all, just the soul and reggae), theres a table pushed against the next wall which has my mac and pc on it, then on the third wall (the one opposite the singles) there's a tv, sky, playstation 3 and a jukebox.  Now if I had a pool table the room would be complete but if I did, no-one would be able to get in.

Social source share

You should all try the 7 inch storage cubes from Blackka,brilliant,modular,pre-sanded,finish to your own taste,cheap as well

Hello,

Sounds interesting. I tried to google it, but without much success. Do you know their website adress?

Take care

YouYou

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

This is my music room / sky sports footie room at the top of the garden, was a derelict garage 6 months ago,had over 30 people in there one night

Looks very cozy, would you mind if I bring Mutley along?

Social source share

I have a small office/study in our flat (I work from home) - 6ft X 12ft. Now fitted out courtesy of Ikea with decent looking shelving units. Don't have a large record collection (though my very patient girlfriend would I am sure disagree!). I have a portable Numark living on the shelves which easily connects to the laptop and converts to mp3/iTunes. Just need a decent play deck and speakers (there is a deck of sorts in the living room) to complete the den properly, then I can come out even less than I do now.   :facepalm:  

Social source share

dining room is our music room too...one of the factors when  nicci bought the place two years back...soon as we walked in we both looked at each over and said 'music room!'..in thier most weekends till the early hours...shelves of sevens in the two alcoves floor to ceiling...12s and lps in 6 double storage cubes with decks on top..laminate floor,orange,black and white walls,black and white sofa,orange bean bag and 60s/70s style decor and various music poster on the walls

know a dj in bristol with a double garage with decks and about 30 boxes of sevens..pic sleeves and records on all the walls..some from the worst lp covers site funny as f+++...pool table in the middle..beer fridge couple of full workin 60s juke boxes and pin ball machines..78 player...and his other obsessive hoarding of mainly 60s toys all over the place..and a michael jackson doll holding a baby by the foot! :D

dean

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Yes I have and here it is. Martin Scorsese I am not !!!

very nice indeed that would be the dream, mine is far from being that good, tis cozy though, am just sorting the records out although wont take anywhere near as long as it must have taken you

Social source share

Guest damsko020

The pooltable seems like a standard issue for any 'mancave' but i must admit, i hardly ever play. most of the time its more like a junktable.....

cleaned it up a bit for the pic.

post-28074-0-31978300-1364928963_thumb.j

Social source share

Guessing some of you may have seen this Ikea ad: "Ikea Presents, Harry Love's Records. Make room for your life". It goes on a bit but I do think the finished article looks pretty impressive...Then again, I also think seeing records just all over a house looks just as good! :yes:

Social source share

post-27803-0-75887000-1364936858_thumb.j

Have you got your own record room too...?

Wish I did.....and the records to go in it!

Down-sized to a 2 bedroom ex-council house following divorce and I'm lucky if I can find somewhere to hang my mankeeni when all three kids are staying here.

Most of my modest record collection got trashed as part of the domestic upheaval and what I do have is either boxed up in the shed or attic, so I listen to cd's at home mostly.

I reckon that if I did have one it would probably look like the picture Barry's posted in his thread "?" 28 March in freebasing  :yes:

Edited by back street blue
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!