dthedrug profile photo

Soul Source Record Club Groovin & A Crusin Into Summer

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

and another new funky thing on its way...120mph!....de robert and the half truths-falling in debt

http://youtu.be/PtJUan0Ssss

dean

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

danced to this a few times and now waiting for a copy...net weight 14 karat black-nothing but a habit

Dean

Bloody hell I'm outta breath just listening to it never mind dancing to it :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

and another new funky thing on its way...120mph!....de robert and the half truths-falling in debt

dean

Dean

Like this but I need to lay down now :D

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

http://youtu.be/PtJUan0Ssss

dean

wasn't the Doc the lead singer of The Blow Monkeys ? Great tune  :)

Edited by andybellwood

soul source url
Posted

lol..think i might be pitching them down a bit if i ever have the bottle to play em out!

soul source url
Posted

Just off to spin a few to sort my playbox out for tomorrow night at Bradford Rarer & Underplayed anniversary,can't decide what to play?I feel like digging a few forgotten things out like this...........

Maxine Brown-Am I Falling In Love ABC Paramount

soul source url
Posted

Maxine Brown-Am I Falling In Love ABC Paramount

soul source url
Posted

knew nothing about it before a couple of days ago..came across it on ebay..sounded at first listen like it was old but label obviously not so googled it and seems its quite a new recording..im sure others will fill us in about exactly when and who they are?

soul source url
Posted

take me back / freddie gorman

ric-tic label , what a great label so much quality , i'm still collecting stuff on this label , but a lot of it is so affordable ? , anyway this must be one of the best.

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Just picked this up for £3 (unplayed stock copy).

Sweet Inspirations - At last I've found a love (Atlantic)

Shame it's a bit short!

Dave

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Just picked this up for £3 (unplayed stock copy).

Sweet Inspirations - At last I've found a love (Atlantic)

Shame it's a bit short!

Dave

Dave

New to me & very nice :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Whilst we're veering towards R&B, my play today is Anna Craig - Nobody Loves Me

soul source url
Posted

A loverly tune here

Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles - All Or Nothing (The Atlantic Years)-£5 and worth every penny

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

I'll take Andy's lead & post a Patti LaBelle tune today.Forgotten Wigan oldie you never hear these days,still sounds great to my ears?Price wise I'm not sure as you don't see it listed much,would have thought around £20/30-ish????

Patti LaBelle-Lovin' Rules Atlantic

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

I'll take Andy's lead & post a Patti LaBelle tune today.Forgotten Wigan oldie you never hear these days,still sounds great to my ears?Price wise I'm not sure as you don't see it listed much,would have thought around £20/30-ish????

Haven't heard lovin rules for a real lot of years mind boggling just how long in fact but always liked it nice Martyn!

soul source url
Posted

Haven't heard lovin rules for a real lot of years mind boggling just how long in fact but always liked it nice Martyn!

Without getting on my soapbox.........go on then I will for a bit :g:

It's tunes like this that the oldies scene should digging around for & reactivating & not dredging up the same oldies time after time.But there again if you didn't go you won't know about tunes like this as they don't make it to Gold Mine compilation CD's do they :wicked: 

I'll get my coat :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

A bit of Modern from me today , shut your ears Martyn :wicked:

ARETHA - INTEGRITY - ARISTA

$6 Bargain

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

Without getting on my soapbox.........go on then I will for a bit :g:

It's tunes like this that the oldies scene should digging around for & reactivating & not dredging up the same oldies time after time.But there again if you didn't go you won't know about tunes like this as they don't make it to Gold Mine compilation CD's do they :wicked:

I'll get my coat :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Noneed to get ya coat Martyn your bang right thousands of tunes never get a chance thank The Lord for ss record of the day where there is always something different and new ,old also(no pun intended) but stuff forgotten about because summat else was just discovered years ago.Right am off for a pint now .

soul source url
Posted

honest i do / james crawford

omen records , cost me about a fiver

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

honest i do / james crawford

omen records , cost me about a fiver

Gogger

New to me this,I like leftfield/weird things.........that's why I fit in on here :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Shorty Long - Your Love Is Amazing

I first bought this when I was 16/17. Lent it ( with some others ) to a fella I used to work with and never got it back. I am collecting mainly Motown nowadays and had forgotten how good this is so bought it again . 

Edited by autumnstoned

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Evening All!

I've not been spinning too many recently. :(

So, back with my favourite genre - mid tempo 70's and culled from Lou Courtneys 1974 I'm In Need of Love Album.  Picked up on this only recently but love it and got one from the states for £15. Anyway the song is The Common Broken Heart.

I hope you like it.

Peter

Edited by Peter99

soul source url
Posted

Freakin awesome tune Martyn, always been in my top 10, bloody love it!

:thumbup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Well, I was thinking of doing a podcast earlier, modern stuff, that i've picked up over the years from dusty old record shops, was never one for it that much at the time, but ended up liking to listen to it at home or in the car, so it's mainly off LPs, and a few 12" etc.. I wanted to do something that wasnt kind of played out a lot, but then realised i never go to modern do's, so I would have no idea if it was something that people were already sick of hearing!

I did realise that i've always liked the funkier tunes though, and this just sounded soooooooo good! 1st time i'd heard for over 20 years, and it blew me away as much as it ever did!

Class funkiness with a whole lotta soul..... It's the kind of tune everybody will love straight away these days, serious reactivation needed...

Leon Thomas - L.O.V.E. (Love)  

Oh yeah, it wouldve been on the podcast, along with others like 10. Aaron Broomfield — I’m Gonna Miss Ya

Oscar Perry — We’re Gonna Make It
Jesse James — I Can Feel Your Love Vibes
Roberta Gilliam — All I Want Is My Baby
Bobby Womack — Secrets
Maze — Before I Let Go

James Brown - People Wake Up And Live

Leroy Hutson - Ella Weez

The Bluenotes - Standing By You Girl

and others.... would be glad to know if i was on the right track or not, so any comments from you modern soul lovers would be appreciated.

Ta

Edited by MrC

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Jesse James - I Can Feel Your Love Vibes

Bagged one of these great minds Paul nice tune!!

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Well, I was thinking of doing a podcast earlier, modern stuff, that i've picked up over the years from dusty old record shops, was never one for it that much at the time, but ended up liking to listen to it at home or in the car, so it's mainly off LPs, and a few 12" etc.. I wanted to do something that wasnt kind of played out a lot, but then realised i never go to modern do's, so I would have no idea if it was something that people were already sick of hearing!

I did realise that i've always liked the funkier tunes though, and this just sounded soooooooo good! 1st time i'd heard for over 20 years, and it blew me away as much as it ever did!

Class funkiness with a whole lotta soul..... It's the kind of tune everybody will love straight away these days, serious reactivation needed...

Oh yeah, it wouldve been on the podcast, along with others like 10. Aaron Broomfield — I’m Gonna Miss Ya

Bobby Womack — Secrets
Maze — Before I Let Go

Leroy Hutson - Ella Weez

and others.... would be glad to know if i was on the right track or not, so any comments from you modern soul lovers would be appreciated.

Ta

Paul

Have thought about digging mine out to give a spin as I'm playing the odd funky thing in my sets at the moment........Rufus Thomas,Ann Duquesnay,Charlotta Tillman etc.Great oldie that I'd love to hear out :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

Great night at Bradford last night,one of my best night's of the year.Great mix of music,great atmosphere & I love the little slightly rough round the edges venue (before anyone says it Yes it would be posh in Hull :D).If you like a night with imagination (mainly 60t's but not always) & dj's with no egos just wanting play stuff they love,you need to give it a try.

So today's offering is a tune I love today as much as I did when I first heard it in the early 90t's.Not heard it out for so long I thought it was time it had another runout & it rammed the floor like it always used to.

Ketty Lester- Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid RCA

soul source url
Posted

Ketty Lester- Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid RCA

soul source url
Posted

Jesse James - I Can Feel Your Love Vibes

Bagged one of these great minds Paul nice tune!!

Hi Andy

A mate of mine put me on to this 1 thanks John Pollitt  :thumbup:

Had this a long time one of his best imo  :thumbsup:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My choice pick for today is the Funkier side of 7ts soul and it's

Kim Tolliver - I don't know which foot to dance on - US CASTRO 

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

My choice pick for today is the Funkier side of 7ts soul and it's

Kim Tolliver - I don't know which foot to dance on - US CASTRO 

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Kev

Remember my mate buying this off a stall in Hull market back in the 70t's for 10p...........wonder if he's still got it as it sounds better then I remember,do you think he'll take 15p for it :lol:

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Remember my mate buying this off a stall in Hull market back in the 70t's for 10p...........wonder if he's still got it as it sounds better then I remember,do you think he'll take 15p for it :lol:

Hi Martyn

you'll have to pay a bit more than 15p m8 gone into in Demand cat  :D  :thumbsup:  :shhh:  :P  :wicked:

Kev :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

Hi Martyn

you'll have to pay a bit more than 15p m8 gone into in Demand cat  :D  :thumbsup:  :shhh:  :P  :wicked:

Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

20p that's my final offer,100% profit can't be bad :g:

Must admit don't like it that much to pay much more really :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Kev

20p that's my final offer,100% profit can't be bad :g:

Must admit don't like it that much to pay much more really :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm keepin it  :(  :lol:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

Majors - Down In The Ghetto

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

A nice easy on the ears one from me today ..................

The Blue Notes - This time wil be different - UNI

gary

Edited by gazman

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Bobby Womack — Secrets
Maze — Before I Let Go

Leroy Hutson - Ella Weez

Ta

Hi Paul

Great idea mate - get it done. Some nice sounding stuff there. I'll have one!

Peter

soul source url
Posted (edited)

the salem travellers / give me liberty or death

checker records

Edited by gogger

soul source url
Guest profile photo