dthedrug's profile photo

Soul Source Record Club Groovin & A Crusin Into Summer

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

This statement to me begs the question does your wife like this song more than you do Martyn (think not) could be a bit of double bluffing going on here of which I have tried on many occasions with my wife to do to no avail eating baked beans for a week coz ive spent the housekeeping on a tune

May have a little to do with that:-)) nice tune!!!

Atb Andy

Andy

Yes I bought it first & foremost because I love it but she likes it so I won't get the usual grief about buying too many records as I'll try & lay this one at her door.........we all know it won't work but she plays the game & will give me slightly less grief over this one :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

A great double sider of a 45.  Sadly the audio quality on this youtube posting is not great to my ear so doesn't fully do the song justice.

The Shirelles - Wild And Sweet.

soul source url
Posted

upbeat feelgood and  on its way :thumbsup: .....soul party-rocky gil on that tighten up tip

http://youtu.be/ahuHmS9nCZ0

dean

soul source url
Posted

Modern Xover Soul _ Maurice Jackson - Step By Step-Plum liking this un today

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Independants - I love You, Yes I do - Wand

soul source url
Posted

barbara lynn / oh baby

jamie records . love her voice,

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

upbeat feelgood and  on its way :thumbsup: .....soul party-rocky gil on that tighten up tip

dean

Dean

After what you posted the other day I suppose you'd class this as a beat ballad :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Independants - I love You, Yes I do - Wand

MrC absolute stunner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: m8

also got UK release on PYE   :thumbsup:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

This is never far from the decks either when I'm out or at home,always gets a dance either when I'm out or at home :D

Mavis Rivers-Footsteps Of A Fool Reprise

soul source url
Posted

Mavis Rivers-Footsteps Of A Fool Reprise

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My choice pick for today is a Modern track from the 8ts this is the A side to a record i had posted last year it's

24 Karat Gold - New Love on US Desert Bone 7"

Hope you like it  :yes:

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My choice pick for today is a Modern track from the 8ts this is the A side to a record i had posted last year it's

Hope you like it  :yes:

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=24+karat+gold+new+love&oq=24+karat+gold+new&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0.3987.11391.0.12572.17.13.0.4.4.0.97.879.13.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.Ql_p6e6gsl4

Here you go Kev , only one I could find matey :wink:

Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY

soul source url
Posted

Same as What Does the Future Hold  Kev? Sounds like it could be her.

Peter

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

very nice :yes:

soul source url
Posted

top tune

soul source url
Posted

Mellaa - Free -Larc is today's tune from my

Record box

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Mellaa - Free -Larc is today's tune from my

Record box

Andy

New to me but very nice,love that jazzy feel to it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Sorting my box out to dj at a small R n B night in Hull tomorrow & came across this,big plays a few years back but not heard it out in ages.

Gale Garnett - I'll Cry Alone RCA

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Sorting my box out to dj at a small R n B night in Hull tomorrow & came across this,big plays a few years back but heard it out in ages.

Always loved this, I started playing it here again and there after hearing you play it at Brid last year!

soul source url
Posted

1970 Polydor release from me today, I have posted it in one of the earlier 'record of the day' threads, but there were a lot of different people taking part then, so I'm posting it again!

Underplayed brilliance from The American Youth Choir - Keep Your Fine Self Near Me

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

1970 Polydor release from me today, I have posted it in one of the earlier 'record of the day' threads, but there were a lot of different people taking part then, so I'm posting it again!

Underplayed brilliance from The American Youth Choir - Keep Your Fine Self Near Me

Paul

I'd have clicked "Like" twice if I could :thumbsup: Great underplayed oldie that reminds of my first nighters at Unity Hall.

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

A recentish outing for a lady that sounds too much like Reffa for her own good ..........

.. the talented DeNitria Champ with Malvin Dino Vice on "I Will Always Remember You" .........

soul source url
Posted

A recentish outing for a lady that sounds too much like Reffa for her own good ..........

.. the talented DeNitria Champ with Malvin Dino Vice on "I Will Always Remember You" .........

John

Bloody hell if you close your eyes you would swear it's Aretha,nice one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Same as What Does the Future Hold  Kev? Sounds like it could be her.

Peter

Hi Pete 

yes the flip is What Does the Future hold  2 Awesome toooooooooooooooooooooooons another 1 i've had in my

play box a long time know NOT FOR SALE though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wicked:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

Here's my pick of the day. Chapter 8 with the stunning voice of Anita Baker on lead vocals. Not a dance record but a mighty fine record.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Here's my pick of the day. Chapter 8 with the stunning voice of Anita Baker on lead vocals. Not a dance record but a mighty fine record.

Peter

She has an amazing voice, a great Soul record indeed!

soul source url
Posted

The last one I posted seemed popular .... so here's another cut from the same source in LA ...........

South African born Maia Davids with Malvin Dino Vice on "I'll Be Fine" from about 5 years back .......

soul source url
Posted

o v wright / into something i can't shake loose 

hi records , takes a bit to get going , give it chance you should like it  :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

o v wright / into something i can't shake loose 

hi records , takes a bit to get going , give it chance you should like it  :thumbsup:

Gogger

Great dancer,used get quite a few plays a couple of years back.I used to cue the spoken intro bit out :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

one i bought recently, uptempo blue eyed northern soul from Texas, love it...

Edited by grant

soul source url
Posted

and this too...

soul source url
Posted

Tom Burt - All Through The Night - Cameo uptempo feelgood Latin style dancer. Cheap on Ebay at the moment.

soul source url
Posted

Thought I'd add this cheapo, Detroit item, winging its way:

Melvin Sparks featuring Jimmy Scott;I Got To Have You;Westbound 1975

soul source url
Posted

Stan Gorman and The Revolvers "I love lovin you"

I love this type of sound, but was struck by the very Brit sounding Stan Gorman.

A quick search on 't net, bought up the piece below, which sites the band's influences

as :"At first we were a five-piece pop/rock band (see photo) inspired by The Rolling Stones, Kinks, Yardbirds and Animals.  This evolved into a 10-piece group with horn section, two male singers and one female singer. (That lineup was influenced by) Sam & Dave, Otis Redding and The Boogie Kings."

Just thought I'd share it, loved the tune, more info here :

http://www.60sgaragebands.com/revolvers.html

Puts me in mind of 3rd avenue Blues Band "It's Got to Be love on Revue", anyone got the Album and know if its any good?

Proud as Punch, on Stax is another in similar vein.

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,IT HAS BEEN ON MY DECK EVERY DAY RIP GEORGE JACKSON, MY COPY IS A MGM ISSUE, IT'S NOT FOR SALE, BUT WHAT IS IT'S VALUE TODAY? :g: DAVE K

MY COPYpost-13241-0-23822700-1366403058_thumb.j

http://youtu.be/GQT0yd9dOYs

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,IT HAS BEEN ON MY DECK EVERY DAY RIP GEORGE JACKSON, MY COPY IS A MGM ISSUE, IT'S NOT FOR SALE, BUT WHAT IS IT'S VALUE TODAY? :g: DAVE K

MY COPYattachicon.gifgeorge jackson.jpg

http://youtu.be/GQT0yd9dOYs

Evening Dave :hatsoff2:

I posted this up on one of our previous rounds of your thread. I love it - it's stunning soul music. I have the white demo which I suspect is easier than the issue - I like the look of your issue. Don't know a current price buddy - most of George's stuff is priceless if you know what i mean.

Peter :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Had a few copies of this 45 and like it a lot myself.  Posted one copy on my youtube channel early 2011 and it seemed to be not too well known at the time.  Sold that one, possibly to Ian Levine but could be wrong, after buying the copy shown here in the vid which has text including "....good song and track but singer wrong" written on the sleeve. (Should add this isn't the one from my you tube channel).  Still have this copy along with that sleeve.

Edit: pic uploaded.

post-16265-0-88820700-1366445288_thumb.j

Edited by tiberius

soul source url
Posted (edited)

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,STARTED TO LOOK THROUGH BOX OF RECRDS THAT I FOUND IN THE RECORD ROOM, FORGOT ABOUT,

CAN YOU BELIEVE?

THIS IS TUNE I HOPE YOU ALL CAN AQUIRE, AS IT BELONGS IN YOUR COLLECTION AND IS JUST ABOVE BUT NOT QUITE A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF GROUP HARMONY SOUL,

THIS 45 BY GENE & EDDIE (sounds like more people to me?)come to me from top DJ BUTCH, AS DO QUITE A LOT OF MY STUFF, as he has a sales box of classic gems,

I rate this as a quality 5 star record, no idea again of what it goes for, however with quality records they just keep growing on you, then they become in demand, £20 record in days can turn into £100, :g: the video comes from Ranking Johnny BOY, MY COPY IS THE SCAN :thumbup: ENJOY THIS DAVE K OOOPS SCANED THE WRONG SIDE! F**K IT

post-13241-0-35206300-1366430197_thumb.j

http://youtu.be/w3DOpr5pVvY

Edited by dthedrug

soul source url
Guest drewid\
Posted (edited)

Heard we've lost another George , George Perkins , of royal shield , etc . Could someone post up " I'm so glad you're mine " as a tribute . This song has everything as far as soul music goes for me and my bro , terrific bass and drum lines, the brilliant horns , sublime lyrics and George's fantastic vocals , especially when he reaches the " .. I could cr... yy" gave goosebumps 25 yr ago and still does . God bless ya George , god bless ya. Ps I almost forgot , get those Tom toms/ bongos superb

Edited by drewid

soul source url
Posted

here you go drewid , george perkins / i'm so glad your mine , top tune indeed

soul source url
Guest drewid\
Posted

here you go drewid , george perkins / i'm so glad your mine , top tune indeed

thanks for that , really appreciate it

soul source url
Posted

Bit off class Disco for a Sunny Day !!! :thumbup:

ODYSSEY - NATIVE NEW YORKER - UNCUT DISCO VERSION

I know I put this up ages ago but it reminds me of long hot summer days and I love it :D

Swifty :thumbsup:

soul source url
Guest\