Manship's Auction Bargains

KevH

JM seems to get a lot of stick on here.So let's hear any stories of bargain's that have gone through his auction's.

The stuff were he's not had his finger on the pulse.Records that have gone through,only to go up in price later,and gain more popularity.

Social source share

Hey Kev, Johns not getting any stick really just the " soul fans " buying the records . Anyway I think he has some great records on the auctions . Which reminds me I once brought off him " MICKEY BUCKINS Silly girl " for £10 ................not in the auction and it was in 1983 still not bad though . Thank you John .

Love Carl.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest The Record Box

Talking about this subject, a few years ago I found in Gemm  a stone mint copy of The Velvets Satins"Nothing Can Compare To You" bell sound stamped mint condition for 28 dollars. This is what I call a bargain!!

Social source share

Hey Kev, Johns not getting any stick really just the " soul fans " buying the records . Anyway I think he has some great records on the auctions . Which reminds me I once brought off him " MICKEY BUCKINS Silly girl " for £10 ................not in the auction and it was in 1983 still not bad though . Thank you John .

Love Carl.

Me and Andy Spencer went to his King Street shop and both got Joe Matthews Kool Kat issues for 20 quid a piece

Social source share

I got a fairly rare LP at about 25% of normal rate last year, he congratulated me and called me a lucky bugger as far as I remember when I called to pay.

I am not alone, its the buyers with trigger finger that cause the prices not Mr M. Its getting quite ridiculous the paranoia on here about what lets be honest is one of the best business ideas for many a year. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

never won anything soul with his auctions but plenty of reggae in tip top condition and CHEAP :) excellant service and fast postage

sorry forgot you were talking about auctions, set sale prices sky high

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

not a massive bargain but.. i was after a copy of king floyd times have changed, most prices on here were 40 to 60, some demos though... out of interest sake i looked on manships site and there was a m- copy for 25 quid! was very surprised so snapped it up. although i did notice afterwards that hes selling the pulsar company sleeve.. wouldve been nice to have had that included but then again when you have as many sales and records as he has it doesnt surprise me at all that they werent put together. 

Social source share

I have seen one or two bargins on his auctions, he had Kenny Gamble The jokes on you  on his dropdown, you know the one where the price dose'nt drop :lol:  for £100 or maybe just over has it had a hl crack but played great someone got a bargin there. 3 or 4 years i won a Luther Ingram Hib w/d for £300 i thought that was a good deal.   Also the person who paid over 300 for i want my baby back on vent got a real bargin :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Social source share

Think this post is meant to be about AUCTION bargains... The concept that you can bid the highest in the worldwide marketplace inhabited by super-rich lunatics and STILL get a bargain...

Let's face it, everyone's had a Manship set sale bargain and everyone's had a Manship set sale not-so-bargain. But nobody likes to talk about them, do they now?!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Bargains from mr.Manship .

01.Proffecionals.........£25.00 Ask him about thast one he still reels about it.

02.Johnny summers...i'm still yours £40.00.

03.soul set £25.00.

04.fiestas think smart demo £7.00.

05.Sweets satisfy me baby £9.00.

06.D.Banks kept on dancing £5.00.

07.Sam Dees lonley for you baby £10.00.

08.Tangeers,Issue £10.00.

09.Deadbeats straight swop for mint u.k Lynn Randel and £100.00 ( I'd just picked up Lynn that morning from second hand record shop in melton for £3.00.)

plus loads more i'd have to check out but these are off the top of my head.

Social source share

Think this post is meant to be about AUCTION bargains... The concept that you can bid the highest in the worldwide marketplace inhabited by super-rich lunatics and STILL get a bargain...

Let's face it, everyone's had a Manship set sale bargain and everyone's had a Manship set sale not-so-bargain. But nobody likes to talk about them, do they now?!!

It's seems good fun to include set list bargains while we're at it.Carry on. :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!