Carnival #503

boba

Does anyone know what the new jersey Carnival records #503 is? In all the discographies (which obviously copy from each other), it's listed as this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-CHOCOLATE-A-PENNY-FOR-YOUR-THOUGHTS-45-RPM-/360610232248?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item53f60b77b8

which is a carnival 503 but which is obviously a totally unrelated label. Was the number skipped for some reason?

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

nice, i have the barbara brown (both the 503 and other #) and curly mays, thanks. still need that dolores johnson thing, only saw it a long time ago when john anderson sold it on ebay (it was just when he started on ebay and went cheap).

i also still need the rarer phil terrell but only because i don't think it's very good (the first one is killer) so I never bid high enough and don't want to pay a set sale price. I'll get it eventually. 

Edited by boba
Social source share

It's not much rarer just mainly in the UK. If you ever get the time could you compare your 45 of Oh Why with the CD, assuming you have it, if not I could email an MP3?

nice, i have the barbara brown (both the 503 and other #) and curly mays, thanks. still need that dolores johnson thing, only saw it a long time ago when john anderson sold it on ebay (it was just when he started on ebay and went cheap).

i also still need the rarer phil terrell but only because i don't think it's very good (the first one is killer) so I never bid high enough and don't want to pay a set sale price. I'll get it eventually. 

Social source share

It's not much rarer just mainly in the UK. If you ever get the time could you compare your 45 of Oh Why with the CD, assuming you have it, if not I could email an MP3?

if I don't get you a recording in a couple of days email me to remind me

the carnival CDs were the first ace/kent CDs I ever bought (I bought the first one when it came out and bought the subsequent ones when they came out).

Social source share

That's handy, they were probably the first ones I did anything resembling a serious sleevenote for so you wouldn't have realised what a flake I was.

if I don't get you a recording in a couple of days email me to remind me

the carnival CDs were the first ace/kent CDs I ever bought (I bought the first one when it came out and bought the subsequent ones when they came out).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!