Ebay Selling Fees

Just wondered if anyone had realised the cost of selling items on eBay.
I just sold a record for £41 and the fee for selling is was £4.10p, Quite expensive I thought?
The fee is 10% of the final price so if you sold a record for say £500 for instance, it would cost you £50 in
final value fees.

Final value fees Auction-style and Buy it now final value fees

Category

Final selling price

Final value fee

All categories including Media-related and Technology-related, except those listed below

£0.01 or more

10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £75)

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Yes ik001, that is what they have the monopoly on, and they know that, I really don't think there is a more internationally viewed
method of selling. That's providing you want to sell overseas as well as in the UK.
There are other auction sites that have lower costs, but EVERYONE knows eBay and thats what eBay play on.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

It's a bloody rip-off. Time to sell more privately, or use another site.

Expensive as it may be, other sites like eBid attract nowhere near as many buyers as Ebay does.  They are greedy bastards, but I'll still use them for what I can.

Social source share

Expensive as it may be, other sites like eBid attract nowhere near as many buyers as Ebay does.  They are greedy bastards, but I'll still use them for what I can.

Yes, I suppose it's a balancing act for them. How much can they screw from the punters before usage levels start to fall too far as customers look elsewhere.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Try going to an Auction House, anything from 17.5% to 22.5% plus VAT.........Ebay was cheap when it started out, they are no Mugs though and over the years slowly increased the fees, buying Paypal, knowing the revenue they would create in the future as online payments became more common.

There are plenty of avenues to sell Soul records, though soul records are a small percentage of it's turnover........peanuts probably.

When i found a copy of Elton Johns debut single mint unplayed for 99p, I was more than happy to pay the 10% commission, I don't know any Elton John Collectors!

Social source share

10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £75)

That surprised me. A few years ago it was capped at £50. I noticed about four months ago that the capping had shot up to well into 3 figures, maybe £250 or more, and about $400 or more on US site.

So it looks like the UK site has done a U-Turn and dropped it back to £75. Also the US site has cut it back a bit, but not as much. Currently at 9% capped at $250

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Also eBay have just bought 'Stub Hub'? I think that's it's name. So you're not allowed to list event tickets for sale on eBay now as it automatically takes you to their ticket outlet site.
Also I was looking on the US site a week or so ago, and on there you can display 12 photos free, whereas on the UK site only the first one is free and then I think 12p each thereafter. Not sure if it was as a special offer period or not.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!