• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

did this come out in the US??

ive looked but cant find any us release

thanks

I certainly haven't seen a US release for this one. If there isn't a US release, then there should have been.

A BRILLIANT RECORD.

I saw Jimmy James perform on stage many years ago and met him after the show.

He put a lot into his performance as I recall, one of our finest soul singers, residing in Britain.

Social source share

thanks

I do not believe it did.

I do not believe it did.

...but then again I was surprised to find when digging out records for David Cole's In the Basement magazine features that i had "loving on the losing side" by Tommy Hunt on US....and even more surprised to learn that Tommy didn't know of a US release either until Jerry Williams told him a couple of years ago.....it's a funny old world allright.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I do not believe it did.

...but then again I was surprised to find when digging out records for David Cole's In the Basement magazine features that i had "loving on the losing side" by Tommy Hunt on US....and even more surprised to learn that Tommy didn't know of a US release either until Jerry Williams told him a couple of years ago.....it's a funny old world allright.

Deffo no US release on AMLM - JJ did have a total of 7 US 45's released, though, including a few really good ones. "Hi Diddley Dee Dum Dum" came out twice, on HBR (first) then on Atco. JJ's brilliant version of "No Good To Cry" (the best, in my opinion) also came out on Atco. And "Chains Of Love" b/w the important early disco cut "I Am Somebody" came out on US Pye (there was no UK 45 of IAS)...

TONE :D

Social source share

Deffo no US release on AMLM - JJ did have a total of 7 US 45's released, though, including a few really good ones. "Hi Diddley Dee Dum Dum" came out twice, on HBR (first) then on Atco. JJ's brilliant version of "No Good To Cry" (the best, in my opinion) also came out on Atco. And "Chains Of Love" b/w the important early disco cut "I Am Somebody" came out on US Pye (there was no UK 45 of IAS)...

TONE :yes:

=======

cheers tone

nice tune anyway..

Social source share

TONE :yes:

his version of t r's "i feel alright" aint bad , on a flip i think as well as lp

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I Am Somebody and Come To Me Softly was also his own US hot 100 hits. But he had some bubbling under singles

Social source share

thanks

Ay-up Wiganer,the clue is in the uk label,Stateside!!SS 2209,i thought all these records where recorded "Stateside first"?,i like the other side "survival" rolleyes.gif

So i`ll Biddu goodnight :(

Social source share

Night Ken but before you go What about this Heart of mine isnt that uk only?

But thats on PYE :( so the the rules dont count rolleyes.gif got a album release in US Acto though!! :(

Social source share

Ay-up Wiganer,the clue is in the uk label,Stateside!!SS 2209,i thought all these records where recorded "Stateside first"?,i like the other side "survival" :lol:

==========

i thought that ken

thats why i asked

to be honest i only heard last year at a peterboro do and its sounded fab

would have preferred a us copy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!