Liberty On Basf

played this the other night in nuneaton and forgot how fantastic this record is ...

still cheap as chips but is a magic 70's dancer thats got that certain something

obviously mecca but i first heard at leicester oddfellows by dave evison..

gr8 stuff imo.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

But which version was played at Wigan, the vocal or instrumental? The vocal is very poppy, double-tracked and lightweight, but as an instrumental this track is a real belter.

You're right - I definately remember the instrumental as the one played and have it on tape from both Wigan and Yate. Never remember hearing vocal played at all.

Quite controversial at the time!

John. whistling.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You're right - I definately remember the instrumental as the one played and have it on tape from both Wigan and Yate. Never remember hearing vocal played at all.

Quite controversial at the time!

John. :wicked::lol:

The instro was also played at the Mecca, the vocal still sounds exactly like the Bay City Rollers to me (although I have always liked it, I must admit) - which probably qualified it for maximum play at Wigan :D:yes::lol:

TONE

Social source share

The instro was also played at the Mecca, the vocal still sounds exactly like the Bay City Rollers to me (although I have always liked it, I must admit) - which probably qualified it for maximum play at Wigan :lol::lol::D

TONE

:wicked: I like this one too

Social source share

always have "third time around" down as a twin of liberty wasnt there some german connection with one of em

the basf label maybe ?3 trivia points if can name the flip of hip it on the orig issue

Strange how you can forget, don't know about the german connection But Soon Everething is Gonna Be Alright....then reminds me of Falbala Magic Band....

JB

Social source share

Strange how you can forget, don't know about the german connection But Soon Everething is Gonna Be Alright....then reminds me of Falbala Magic Band....

JB

with a name like falbala gotta be some german thing going on there :yes:

always thought norma jenkins "can you handle that" sounded german-ish, if know what I mean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!