Cobblers

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to fluctuate, I've been late on copies in the past 12 months for between £250 and £350 in nice condition. I've had a few folk pm me asking me to make an offer and it seems over £400 is what they want and in one case way over that.

Does the fact that 3 or 4 people asking for it at roughly the same time drive up the value so much or is it greediness? (Not having a pop at anyone there by the way). I know when selling we all like the best deal but I'd like to think there's an element of fairness that exists, there certainly has been with 99% of my purchases.

Social source share

Hello mate i will pull out of my want for this as i think the same as you a few asked for it at the same time hence the price has gone up i would not pay more than 225 for it so i shall sit and wait and hope after all there are 100s of more great records out there to buy, the price will come down when they can't shift them.

Social source share

Hello mate i will pull out of my want for this as i think the same as you a few asked for it at the same time hence the price has gone up i would not pay more than 225 for it so i shall sit and wait and hope after all there are 100s of more great records out there to buy, the price will come down when they can't shift them.[/quot

No they will not if all your going to offer 225 you will be waiting a long time

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have time on my side in my eyes not a bad tune but by no means great it is deffo not a record that will be in all time top 50 let alone top 10 so it will come down once the small demand has gone :yes:

Don't agree with this at all. The price is not going to go down. This wasn't generally imported to the UK and most copies came via a handfull of collectors. Was out of demand for a few decades but is firmly on the radar again and has been for the last six or seven years. You are not going to stumble over multiple copies of this 45 in Memphis where it's from, or practically anywhere else. The only copies available are from other collectors. It's a very good record so prising it from other collectors isn't going to be easy.

Why should the fact that a record would not get into your personal top 50 have any influence on its market value with anyone else? If you mean a generally acknowledged all time top 50 of Northern greats then I suppose we all might as well give up if only those fifty records have any value.

Social source share