Never Thought I'd Have To Ask A Valuation

Pete S

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got this in mint condition, last value i seen on it was £75. But i would look for £100 expecting  £80-£85 as an offer.

Social source share

Guest Geordie Martin

£100!!! I used to collect Black RCA issues and had 40+, bought 'when we get there' for £6 in 1980. Makes me wonder what the likes of Lorraine Chandler 'I can't change' and Willie Kendricks 'Change your ways' goes for on black issues?

Think 'shite' is a bit strong, it's about as shite as 'born a loser', but better to dance to.

Social source share

£100!!! I used to collect Black RCA issues and had 40+, bought 'when we get there' for £6 in 1980. Makes me wonder what the likes of Lorraine Chandler 'I can't change' and Willie Kendricks 'Change your ways' goes for on black issues?

Think 'shite' is a bit strong, it's about as shite as 'born a loser', but better to dance to.

Don Ray is brilliant and super rare on a black issue, I think I've only ever had one.

Paul Anka, never thought much of it but for the last 2 years or so it's been one of the UK's top revived oldies, hence the price going up from £25 to £125.

Social source share

Somewhere between £75 - 100 depending on condition. Getting some popularity back, Ginger tends to play it a lot.

you'll get that all day for a red copy, the black issue is rarer.

Social source share

Guest Geordie Martin

Don Ray is brilliant and super rare on a black issue, I think I've only ever had one.

Paul Anka, never thought much of it but for the last 2 years or so it's been one of the UK's top revived oldies, hence the price going up from £25 to £125.

I wasn't saying Don Ray was shite, just saying that shite was a bit harsh to label Paul Anka. Rarest RCA black issues at the time I was collecting were Dean Courtney, Rose Valentine, and rarest of all was Michael & Raymond, of which I only saw one copy. Steve Whittle beat me to that...Grrr! 

Social source share

I wasn't saying Don Ray was shite, just saying that shite was a bit harsh to label Paul Anka. Rarest RCA black issues at the time I was collecting were Dean Courtney, Rose Valentine, and rarest of all was Michael & Raymond, of which I only saw one copy. Steve Whittle beat me to that...Grrr! 

Yeah they are all rare, all about the same really.  However none of them as rare as that Dean Courtney on black MGM I had, still never seen another one.

Social source share

Somewhere between £75 - 100 depending on condition. Getting some popularity back, Ginger tends to play it a lot.

Usually when he has his shite box handy!   :P 

Social source share

How much would a Black Issue of Don Ray be worth then?

around £250 - £300 

I saw one for £300 and couldn't make my mind up, when I rung after it to see if he'd take swaps a few days later it had gone. RCA & MGM black issues look lovely I think, much better than the demo's 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!