The Name Game

I have always had an allergic reaction to Fluffy Falana's 'Little Cottage By the Sea'.

Don't know why. Maybe I like my soul to be urban and the idea of a cottage by the sea is just too twee. Or maybe it the name Fluffy Falana. I know he was a neighbour of Tammi Terrell's in Philly and comes from a gospel family. But the name grates on me.

Has a name or a title put you off a record?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have always had an allergic reaction to Fluffy Falana's 'Little Cottage By the Sea'.

Don't know why. Maybe I like my soul to be urban and the idea of a cottage by the sea is just too twee. Or maybe it the name Fluffy Falana. I know he was a neighbour of Tammi Terrell's in Philly and comes from a gospel family. But the name grates on me.

Wasn't it originally covered as Little Joe Romans..... :D Seems to ring a bell, maybe it should have stayed covered.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Inky winky wang dang doo :D

Bricks, broken bottles and sticks :D

Afternoon of the rhino :D

Social source share

one or two spring to mind :-

Mousie & the Traps - How About You (great record mind!)

Fluffy Falana - as per above - but yet another great tune

Dramatics - Inky Dinky Wang Dang Do - what''s that all about??

Adam's Apples

Wasn't it originally covered as Little Joe Romans..... :D Seems to ring a bell, maybe it should have stayed covered.

J.L. Martin wasn't it?

Great record IMO

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...yeah, soon as I hear the words "James Blunt" or "Katie Melua" attached to any title whatsoever I want to puke....

TONE

Social source share

==============

Wombat ........ what's that all about?

Social source share

Flourescent Smog.........probably why its dead rare..but good IMO ranting_1.gif ATB Stevie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!