The Name Game

I have always had an allergic reaction to Fluffy Falana's 'Little Cottage By the Sea'.

Don't know why. Maybe I like my soul to be urban and the idea of a cottage by the sea is just too twee. Or maybe it the name Fluffy Falana. I know he was a neighbour of Tammi Terrell's in Philly and comes from a gospel family. But the name grates on me.

Has a name or a title put you off a record?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have always had an allergic reaction to Fluffy Falana's 'Little Cottage By the Sea'.

Don't know why. Maybe I like my soul to be urban and the idea of a cottage by the sea is just too twee. Or maybe it the name Fluffy Falana. I know he was a neighbour of Tammi Terrell's in Philly and comes from a gospel family. But the name grates on me.

Wasn't it originally covered as Little Joe Romans..... :D Seems to ring a bell, maybe it should have stayed covered.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Inky winky wang dang doo :D

Bricks, broken bottles and sticks :D

Afternoon of the rhino :D

Social source share

one or two spring to mind :-

Mousie & the Traps - How About You (great record mind!)

Fluffy Falana - as per above - but yet another great tune

Dramatics - Inky Dinky Wang Dang Do - what''s that all about??

Adam's Apples

Wasn't it originally covered as Little Joe Romans..... :D Seems to ring a bell, maybe it should have stayed covered.

J.L. Martin wasn't it?

Great record IMO

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...yeah, soon as I hear the words "James Blunt" or "Katie Melua" attached to any title whatsoever I want to puke....

TONE

Social source share

==============

Wombat ........ what's that all about?

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Raw Spitt or Skull Snaps. Euugh! Makes Fluffy Falana sound positively enticing.

Social source share

Flourescent Smog.........probably why its dead rare..but good IMO ranting_1.gif ATB Stevie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!