Returned Item Is Broken - Refund Or Not ?

Chris L

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

As you see just 1 sheet of fluted carton and brown paper, look at the left and you'll see the crease. You need

at least 2 sheets turned at 90° from each other. Buyers attitude is "OK when I shipped it" plus some other choice

words.

post-4408-0-77631400-1365957626_thumb.jp

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

As you see just 1 sheet of fluted carton and brown paper, look at the left and you'll see the crease. You need

at least 2 sheets turned at 90° from each other. Buyers attitude is "OK when I shipped it" plus some other choice

words.

attachicon.gifphoto 31.JPG

DOH!! Was Homer Simpson the buyer?  :wicked:

Social source share

The guys replied that he's sent record back, with tracking number, in spite of fact that record not sent recorded or regstered. When I pull up

the case in the Resolution I see nowhere where I can put a message in, only issue a refund ?

post-4408-0-87668300-1366010384_thumb.jp

Any ideas ? I want to get a message in about shipping facts.

Anybody know how to fire a mail into Ebay ? There doesn't seem to be any "Contact" possibility ?

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

The guys replied that he's sent record back, with tracking number, in spite of fact that record not sent recorded or regstered. When I pull up

the case in the Resolution I see nowhere where I can put a message in, only issue a refund ?

attachicon.gifPaypal.JPG

Any ideas ? I want to get a message in about shipping facts.

Anybody know how to fire a mail into Ebay ? There doesn't seem to be any "Contact" possibility ?

You could always use the email address given on his paypal details, just click details tab next to payment received on accounts page
Social source share

You could always use the email address given on his paypal details, just click details tab next to payment received on accounts page

I actually meant Ebay, thanks anyway............

He know states that I deliberatley broke the record in two !! Gets more bizzare by the minute...........

Social source share

• Direct email: Gone. Even longer gone are the days when you could email eBay directly from your email account using convenient addresses like "safeharbor@ebay.com" to get a real human response. Don't even try.

• Unity across international sites: Gone. Some international sites still have these links or options; some don't. Though eBay handles most of the international customer support in the same facilities as U.S. support, agents helping international users will generally indicate that they don't have access to U.S. accounts in their system.

What's Left

The interactive web system is the one recommended by eBay. To use it, click the "Customer Support" link at the top of any eBay page. Clicking will deliver you to the online customer support page, where you can select the "Contact eBay" tab and access an automated toolthat triages customer inquiries and provides links to other tools or limited contact information based on the information that the customer provides.

Click here to be directed to eBay's customer contact tool.

Clearly, eBay has attempted to make it more and more difficult to quickly reach them, seeking to force buyers and sellers to rely more and more on self-help and their automated system–an automated system that is naturally unable to provide specific, immediate help. You can, however, still reach a person at eBay if you're patient and willing to be a bit flexible about the method of contact.

Trying to Reach eBay Directly

There are basically two realistic alternatives remaining to try to reach eBay directly:

• By email through web form (in rare cases). To email eBay customer support directly, try this form. It will ask you to sign in (and may give you an error if you are already signed in when you open the tool, so you may have to sign out before doing so, then sign in again on the way into the tool), and will then offer you a web form that reaches an email box inside eBay's customer support department. Unfortunately, eBay has begun to ignore or provide canned responses pointing to their automated tools in response to email sent this way, so your chances of getting help by email dwindle every day. It's not clear how long this form will remain live.

Click here to try your hand at the email eBay web form.

• By telephone. If you're not a fan of telephone customer support, you may just have to grit your teeth and place a call nonetheless when trying to reach eBay. Though live chat links and email links used to be scattered through the automated system, now all options either point to other tools or to a link that provides an eBay telephone number and pin. Use these and you'll be able to talk to a human about your issue.

If the automated system doesn't give you a "Call Us" link for the issue you've selected, just re-visit the Contact eBay tool and select another issue at random; most of them now lead to a "Call Us" link. Though there's no guarantee that eBay agents will be so helpful as to actually address your issue if you've called about a different issue than the one they were expecting, at least you'll get the satisfaction of sharing your frustration (or anger) with a live human being.

Do a Google search and you'll find lots of numbers scattered around the web for eBay. A few of them are good; most of them have been changed. Trying them one-by-one and site-by-site is a good way to waste an afternoon and a lot of phone minutes–and you might still not get anyone.

Click here to try getting a phone number using the Contact eBay tool.

Alternatives to Reaching eBay

For many issues these days, contacting eBay directly may not be the most helpful tack anyway. Though eBay is doing its best to leave the eBay community behind, the eBay community remains a strong one and in many cases you're more likely to get useful answers by asking:

• eBay discussion boards. If your question is category-specific or region-specific, you'll probably get reasonable help or answers from people that tend to know more than eBay's own customer service representatives by posting on eBay's discussion boards.

Click here to be directed to eBay's discussion boards.

• eBay Answer Center. This goes double for eBay's Answer Center, which is basically eBay's shadow customer service system, powered by the eBay community and by a few eBay staffers that pop in and post every now and then. The Answer Center is easy to use and many, many times more helpful in many cases than eBay customer service.

Click here to be directed to eBay's Answer Center.

eBay and PayPal Contacts for the Determined

Though the try-all-the-phone-numbers-you-find method of contacting eBay is the long, arduous way to go, one of the longest lists of contact information for eBay is to be found atThe Consumerist. Though the information there was posted several years ago and is solely the responsibility of The Consumerist, there are at least enough options here to keep you dialing (rather than Google searching) for a few hours.

Social source share

We should start a competition on who writes the best messages on Ebay..............

"The record was well packed when I returned it and I suspect he broke the record and now wants to cause me more inconvenience. I'm too experienced on Ebay to mess about anymore with this guy. I have a 100% positive feedback rating and don't want to jeopardise it with this clown. Let him keep his ill gotten gains if you like, but first check his feedback, I don't think he's new to negative feedback."

:rofl:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

We should start a competition on who writes the best messages on Ebay..............

"The record was well packed when I returned it and I suspect he broke the record and now wants to cause me more inconvenience. I'm too experienced on Ebay to mess about anymore with this guy. I have a 100% positive feedback rating and don't want to jeopardise it with this clown. Let him keep his ill gotten gains if you like, but first check his feedback, I don't think he's new to negative feedback."

:rofl:

Who is this tw*t?

Social source share

Who is this tw*t?

Name and shame Chris so others don't have to deal with him, then sue for slander and emotional distress... you're not actually a clown

are you?

Social source share

This getting weirder and weirder......................Paypal have now blocked the account that's OK it's standard practice to do so.

Thing is they've blocked an amount that equates to both the records he bought. Luckily I found a contact e-mail reporting "bad buyers"

hopefully we'll get it sorted. What a carry on........................... :huh:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

What a crock............................

Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing back to eBay Customer Service about the record you sold. I understand the buyer has returned the item but when you received it back it was broken.

Chris, I appreciate your cooperation to work with us in trying to resolve this matter. I apologise to hear that the item was faulty upon receipt.

I have reviewed your case details fully and can see this item was successfully returned to you as you have confirmed it. As you have received the item back but have not refunded the buyer, I have closed the case in the buyer’s favour issuing them with a full refund.

understand how frustrating this situation may have been for you as the item was broken upon return, so I suggest you to appeal on the case as soon as it is closed. Please click on the appeal button in Resolution Centre once case is closed. Please be informed that once you appeal, you have to provide information which will help us in further investigating the case and this will be reviewed within 48 hours. Here is how to appeal:

1. Log In to "My eBay"

2. Go to "Account"

3. Choose "Resolution Centre" then choose the case that you filed.

4. Choose "Appeal this case" in blue text.

5. Then click on "Submit"

I trust you understand our decision in this case. I wish you all the best on eBay in the future.

Kind regards,
Maria McAdams
eBay Customer Service

"‹You know the guy returned it not registered, I could have just said I never got it and the that would have been the end of it.  Does honesty pay I ask you ?

Social source share

Just love this from Ebay.

Thank you for writing back to eBay Customer Service regarding the disk that you've sold to. I understand that buyer returned the item to you. Allow me to assist you with this.

Christopher, as I've checked your account I can see that you've been with us since May, 2000. The growth we've experienced over the years is because of members like you who faithfully support us. I appreciate your trust and I'll do my best to give you the kind of service you deserve.

They should have added "Well, we really don't care so we'll give you a right old shafting"  :( 

Social source share

Stephen Bounden

Same person who complained about the Percy Wiggins I sent him after I'd already knocked him £25, he wanted another £25 off because it was in poor condition so I posted up a recording of it on here and nobody could hear anything wrong with it.

Social source share

Same person who complained about the Percy Wiggins I sent him after I'd already knocked him £25, he wanted another £25 off because it was in poor condition so I posted up a recording of it on here and nobody could hear anything wrong with it.

Pete

Before bidding on some records I had down as VG or VG+ he wanted a sort of signed statement saying they were without any scratches, clicks, pops etc. Told him not to bid on them. I have to say the record I sold him played perfect but was marked, he tried to knock me down £7.00 I said no, return it. Well I guess you live and learn..................... :huh:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Pete

Before bidding on some records I had down as VG or VG+ he wanted a sort of signed statement saying they were without any scratches, clicks, pops etc. Told him not to bid on them. I have to say the record I sold him played perfect but was marked, he tried to knock me down £7.00 I said no, return it. Well I guess you live and learn..................... :huh:

i would have blocked him immediately on hearing that. they guys is obviously a fool. 

Social source share

At last some common sense...............

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding a claim that has been filed for the record you sold to “sjbounden”.  I understand that you have appealed the original case decision because you received the item back damaged. I am sorry to hear things have not gone smoothly with this transaction, please allow me to assist you.

I am please to inform you that we approved your appeal. We have the same requirement for buyers and sellers. An item must match the listing description, and if it's returned it must be in the condition it was received.

We're no longer asking you to reimburse eBay. You can confirm this by going to your case details in the Resolution Centre:

Something to remember when selling on Ebay boys & girls.....................

Social source share

At last some common sense...............

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding a claim that has been filed for the record you sold to “sjbounden”.  I understand that you have appealed the original case decision because you received the item back damaged. I am sorry to hear things have not gone smoothly with this transaction, please allow me to assist you.

I am please to inform you that we approved your appeal. We have the same requirement for buyers and sellers. An item must match the listing description, and if it's returned it must be in the condition it was received.

We're no longer asking you to reimburse eBay. You can confirm this by going to your case details in the Resolution Centre:

Something to remember when selling on Ebay boys & girls.....................

Great news Chris, well done.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!