Ebay 0 Feedback Bidders

Guest franky m

Guest franky m

I have a listing on ebay, and a record i know will sell , has been bid up by a buyer with zero feedback , and has only had an ebay account for 2 days , in my listing i asked buyers with less than 10 feedback score contact me first ( but he didnt), he has a paypal account and is based in canada , should i block his bids or let it roll ? 

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

New Ebay members should at least be given the chance, basically it is all based on trust.

Based on a level playing field yes, but on EB rules buyers are superhuman beings given the power to do no wrong

In this case, if it says contact me, is there some reason why he shouldn't?

"Hi, I'm new and I'd like to bid on your item. I'm not a jerk

Thanks

The bestest buyer you're ever going to have."

15 seconds and I'm a slow typerer. Is that so hard?

What else can't / won't he read in the auction?

Social source share

I have a listing on ebay, and a record i know will sell , has been bid up by a buyer with zero feedback , and has only had an ebay account for 2 days , in my listing i asked buyers with less than 10 feedback score contact me first ( but he didnt), he has a paypal account and is based in canada , should i block his bids or let it roll ? 

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Contact the bidder yourself and ask if they have read all the listing.  You can perhaps get a feel for the individual from their response and take it from there.  I've sold to several 0 feedback bidders over time and, touch wood, so far not had a problem.  It does make you feel a little nervous but I guess it's all about trust at the end of the day.  It might be possible to send the item via one of the premium tracked mail services (International Signed For or Airsure), at extra cost to the buyer, but if this wasn't specified in the listing it could lead to potential problems as these services cost a lot more and the buyer may object.  I'm not sure if you can enter additional postal services into a listing after a bid has been placed.

You can specify extra "buyer requirements" when listing an item on ebay but in terms of feedback it will only let you block bidders with a feedback score of -1 or lower, which to my mind is hopeless as anyone with that kind of feedback should have their account closed by ebay themselves.  You might want to see if there are a few of the other buyer requirements that you can apply in future just to be on the safer side.

Social source share

I had a zero feedback bidder from France win two of my reggae auctions, there was absolutely no way I was going to sell them to him, so I didn't send an invoice, and he never even contacted me to see why I hadn't sent an invoice or to ask how to pay.  So I thought I was justified, he was indeed a 'fake' bidder and I didn't lose my records.

But now I see he actually has one feedback for successfully completing a transaction, and I feel a bit guilty...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert