Well Done, Royal Mail, A Perfect Break

Pete S

Thankfully I have never had that happen.

I have had 3 items go missing - all in one week from 3 different sellers - two in the UK and one in France.

The b*stards at Royal Mail did nothing.

For damaged items I think you need to surrender them up to make a claim, and the sender needs to claim (rather than the receiver) as they paid for the service.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

yes they do..but all you need is one disgruntled postie who thinks its an instruction to see how far you can bend it, and hey presto!..thankfully most are decent,hard working individuals, its just the odd ones or clumbsy types that seem to let the side down.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well you at least could of answered it like Mach kindly did and not be so rude. :shhh:

Don't insult my intelligence by asking such a ridiculous question then.  Do you think I put a sticker on it saying "please bend this record in half and break it" or something?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Don't insult my intelligence by asking such a ridiculous question then.  Do you think I put a sticker on it saying "please bend this record in half and break it" or something?

LOL! I was not insulting your intelligence! I was simply asking a question as I thought you had been sent the record!

Social source share

LOL! I was not insulting your intelligence! I was simply asking a question as I thought you had been sent the record!

OK let's start again, sorry Liam.  I sent it out, with 3 bits of card, in a proper mailer with a sticker on it saying FRAGILE DO NOT BEND, but they did bend it.  I got it back this morning in the same packaging which I have to have to send to Royal Mail to claim.  I might start NOT putting fragile stickers on as it looks like it attracts unwarranted interest from psycho postmen.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK let's start again, sorry Liam.  I sent it out, with 3 bits of card, in a proper mailer with a sticker on it saying FRAGILE DO NOT BEND, but they did bend it.  I got it back this morning in the same packaging which I have to have to send to Royal Mail to claim.  I might start NOT putting fragile stickers on as it looks like it attracts unwarranted interest from psycho postmen.

Okay sorry I understand now... It is ridiculous and shocking really!

No matter how much fragile tape and DO NOT BEND tape you put on people still bend them and do not treat with care!

Luckily I have only had one record been sent back so far and that was a little crack in The Admirations -Dont leave me, which did not even affect play!

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

Hi Pete

It looks like posties don't like SOUL music this is happening more often these days  :g:  :(

Hope you get it sorted out  m8  :thumbsup:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

kev i'm a postie mate , when i have a record to deliver , it gets special treatment , whatever genre , the person who broke it was the bast*rd not royal mail ,all the best mate  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

kev i'm a postie mate , when i have a record to deliver , it gets special treatment , whatever genre , the person who broke it was the bast*rd not royal mail ,all the best mate  :thumbsup:

Gogger you're a good SOUL postie  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: m8

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest The Record Box

My records leave Germany equipped with 2 guard dogs. My motto is sure is sure!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

nightmare pete. same kinda thing happened here,but it was caused by the royal mails no1 enemy,lol.

was round my mates yesterday & he showed me the record hed been wating 3 weeks from the states for.

a third of the record had been snapped off.showed me the packaging & couldnt see anything wrong with it.

he pointed out 2 pierced holes.it was one of his 2 german sheppards got its teeth into it before he did.wasnt a dear record but it was his big want of the moment.

just a pity i didnt have a copy to give to him.

was just saying to lady @ post office today ive only had 1 broken record in 25years.not 1 has been lost or not delivered

Social source share

My postie is very lazy and won't take parcels out. Just the cards. And now he only puts one through the door a week. And I then go to the PO once a week to pick up all my parcels. At first I was p*ssed off with this, but I've got used to it, my records are kept safe, and don't get damaged, I am on first name terms with the counter staff at the sorting office, and am learning all sorts of interesting bits about how the post works......it's like having a free PO Box......

If I get bored with it, Pete I'll send him up your way :lol:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

has anybody had any trouble claiming comp from special delivery.

twice i bought dear records from tim brown & was shocked as looked like they had just been posted it in jiffy bags.but they were in mailers inside then a jiffy bag.

was told that was the only way youd get comp,if posted like this.

tim browm must of had trouble with comp & was told to use  mailers & stiffners for sturdyness,jiffy bag for the bubble wrap protection.or no comp.

Social source share

Sent thousands and thousands of records out, had one broken [my fault i think] and four lost worldwide since 1986. recorded and special delivery is the way to go but...the post office is three zillion times better than the private companies who really really do not care.

dean

Social source share

has anybody had any trouble claiming comp from special delivery.

twice i bought dear records from tim brown & was shocked as looked like they had just been posted it in jiffy bags.but they were in mailers inside then a jiffy bag.

was told that was the only way youd get comp,if posted like this.

tim browm must of had trouble with comp & was told to use  mailers & stiffners for sturdyness,jiffy bag for the bubble wrap protection.or no comp.

This is actually true.

Social source share

i remember in the early 90's there was a lot of broken records getting sent broken just so they could claim.

happened to my mate twice.

one was tony middelton / to the ends of the earth.hed been after it for years & found one for £150(was still a lot of money for a 45 then).

was well pissed when opened it & it was broken.showed me the package & it was sturdy & not a bend or crease aywhere.so thinks it was sent broken.

got his money back & got to keep the record as guy made claim on it.

i have it now & plays great,lol.

Social source share

I'm guessing two were vinyl, one was styrene?

Sticker or no sticker, the minute it leaves your hands it's just chucked into a huge sack which is thrown from van to van. I've had plenty of LPs marked fragile with FOOTPRINTS on the mailers. Royal Mail need to realise that letters will continue to become virtually extinct. Parcels will be their future. Until they price themselves out the market...

Social source share

I got a comp refused on a 45 i sent out recently that was broken at t'other end!
I had pics taken by the customer and sent it off with the form.

They said it wasn't packed to their 'standard' and thus refused to give comp!

As it WAS packaged properly in my book, i've sent a letter refusing to accept their refusal and asked for the dosh to be stumped up!

Not had an answer yet but this is the first time i've ever been refused comp on packaging.

Think they have decided to get tough on giving money back, which is not a good sign of things to come?

Social source share

i send rare records in a mailer with stiffners and then place in a jiffy bag, touch wood none broken or missing yet, although this "gotta be a royal mail jiffy bag" talk is slightly concerning!!..whatever next, seems someone at royal mail sits and dreams up different ways to reject genuine claims :g:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!