New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Quite a bit of debate on this of late on here including:

'New Vinyl - Are We Bothered' thread

'New Vinyl Purchase Poll - How Much Have You Bought?'

And a small thread a few weeks ago 'Not Rare (Yet?)..great Recent Releases / Recent Discoveries To Ponder'

So thought might be nice to have a thread to recommend/link to sound files/YouTube etc of new releases/previously unissued tracks (not re-issues of previously released material but genuine new or unissued stuff).

Personally I don't get out and about and often don't get to hear these things or even hear about them often and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, which is a real shame because I miss out on some limited edition things and miss out on hearing some stunning stuff that's getting released these days.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place (mods please move to appropriate), but would be good to hear people's recommendations ...

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I'll start it off with this that I'm only aware of through one of the other related threads ...

Fantastic unissued from the prix label one of my best sellers.
Social source share

Guest uroffal

I bought this for under £10, how many records of this quality can you buy for that price these days? And it's new - not a played-out, heard a thousand times up and down the country record. It's obtainable and it's quality - more of these released and in people's sets mixed with genuine rarities would in my opinion help bring more new blood onto the scene - hard to get into for many when the current biggies are all so expensive - just a thought.

Additionally be nice to help support these projects both for those artists who deserve some financial reward for their efforts and those behind the scenes making it happen.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I bought this for under £10, how many records of this quality can you buy for that price these days? And it's new - not a played-out, heard a thousand times up and down the country record. It's obtainable and it's quality - more of these released and in people's sets mixed with genuine rarities would in my opinion help bring more new blood onto the scene - hard to get into for many when the current biggies are all so expensive - just a thought.

Additionally be nice to help support these projects both for those artists who deserve some financial reward for their efforts and those behind the scenes making it happen.

a lot of the dj's are adding oddments of these in thier spot's for instance ,S.Sam's playing Los Charly's "Grazing the grass",Luky Browns" Don't go away .and wicked lester.Tonight sean Chapman will be playing Joe Henry's "who is the king", Getup's "Straight from the hob",and mr confuses "why can't you see me " also championed by Andy Bellwood.Track's also popular by simular chappies include Seductive souls"Love don't hurt" and Gizel Smith's "Hold fast" loads more knocking around regards Simon.
Social source share

Guest uroffal

a lot of the dj's are adding oddments of these in thier spot's for instance ,S.Sam's playing Los Charly's "Grazing the grass",Luky Browns" Don't go away .and wicked lester.Tonight sean Chapman will be playing Joe Henry's "who is the king", Getup's "Straight from the hob",and mr confuses "why can't you see me " also championed by Andy Bellwood.Track's also popular by simular chappies include Seductive souls"Love don't hurt" and Gizel Smith's "Hold fast" loads more knocking around regards Simon.

Thanks Simon, that's certainly encouraging to hear. I don't know any of those (except the Joseph Henry) so will check them out and post a few on here if i can find links for others who might know them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!