New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

an unashamedly big bump, don't want this thread to get lost :wink:

Cheers ajb - great to see this thread still going strong. I don't get on here as often as I used to but I still check this regularly and thanks to all those of you who post regularly it's an amazing resource for info on new releases/previously unissued material. Some great stuff on here just in the last few days!

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

great but isn't this a 1965 rather than new release ?

Released in 1965 and difficult to find, sold on Ebay last month for $400 - reissued in a couple of weeks

Social source share

Absolutely essential......................

https://www.zrecords.ltd.uk/product-detail/Artist+Albums/46/Z+Records/Sean+McCabe/It%27s+Time+%28Extended+Versions%29/download/332

But in truth you really need the CD or download option too, or you are missing some of the best tracks.............like "Who's Fooling Who" and "Love For Life".

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Absolutely essential......................

https://www.zrecords.ltd.uk/product-detail/Artist+Albums/46/Z+Records/Sean+McCabe/It%27s+Time+%28Extended+Versions%29/download/332

But in truth you really need the CD or download option too, or you are missing some of the best tracks.............like "Who's Fooling Who" and "Love For Life".

Cheers,

Mark R

not sure the vinyl release is out, is it Mark?, i know it was due this month, but not seen it as yet. although you are right the vinyl album misses a lot of the best tracks, except "something about you", not sure what they was thinking, maybe their destined for single releases in the future, via a remix on RSD  :g: (now theres a thought Mr Lee, if your reading) :wink:

Social source share

not sure the vinyl release is out, is it Mark?, i know it was due this month, but not seen it as yet. although you are right the vinyl album misses a lot of the best tracks, except "something about you", not sure what they was thinking, maybe their destined for single releases in the future, via a remix on RSD  :g: (now theres a thought Mr Lee, if your reading) :wink:

I'll let you know mate...........ordered from Z website last Friday so expect it any day if it is pressed up ready to go.  I suspect it will come today/tomorrow as I'm sure Sean had a photo of a box of albums on his Facebook page!  :thumbsup:

That Tom Noble thing came back in at Juno yesterday.....very high demand so i bagged one of those whilst I could!  :thumbup:

See you at SU buddy......

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I'll let you know mate...........ordered from Z website last Friday so expect it any day if it is pressed up ready to go.  I suspect it will come today/tomorrow as I'm sure Sean had a photo of a box of albums on his Facebook page!  :thumbsup:

That Tom Noble thing came back in at Juno yesterday.....very high demand so i bagged one of those whilst I could!  :thumbup:

See you at SU buddy......

Cheers,

Mark R

a wise move mate, nice one, glad you got sorted  :thumbsup:

those wanting to know what "that Tom Noble thing" was, its sold out already.

but it was this.............

• Helpful 1
Social source share

think i'll add this to the list, not sure if its an extended version or not, although the 7" is shown as a shorter time :g:  not by much. the 7" played at 33.3rpm, so will be interested to hear the difference, if indeed there is any :unsure:  

George Smallwood - You Know I Love You 12"

CS553552-01A-BIG.jpg

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/george-smallwood-you-know-i-love-you/553552-01/

Edited by ajb
Social source share

I'll let you know mate...........ordered from Z website last Friday so expect it any day if it is pressed up ready to go. I suspect it will come today/tomorrow as I'm sure Sean had a photo of a box of albums on his Facebook page! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mark R

Result!!........

post-4568-0-28190700-1415731337_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

those who like their Daptone styled music, may like this one. 100 copies only so pre-order to avoid disappointment ................

Grace Love & The True Loves - Fire b/w Say What you Gotta say

Good shout! Got the 45 through the post yesterday and real solid both sides...though wouldn't mind hearing them perform some more mid to low tempo tracks hopefully too in the near future. Actually looks like they're working on an album as a further track and quality deeper soul "mean to me" is on you tube from a recent live performance. What a voice and real tight band.

One to watch, like "The Suffers" recent ep which is truly ace too (though sadly not on vinyl...yet!) Check this vid and title track from the ep though and let's get a new digital only release thread going hey?! Cheers, Steve

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Haven't been on this excellent thread for a while so catch up ..

Released 14th July , SouLutions 'Listen (Drizabone radio mix)' /'Philly line' (Sundae) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj52cJMd8YU

I saw two copies of this one on Discogs. The "cheapest" is 75 EUR (a little bit more than 54 GBP). Do you think it's the right price? I know it's sold out...but it's a record that came out only six months ago  :g: Do you know if there is someone who's selling it at cheaper price? Anyway really cool track.

Social source share

I saw two copies of this one on Discogs. The "cheapest" is 75 EUR (a little bit more than 54 GBP). Do you think it's the right price? I know it's sold out...but it's a record that came out only six months ago  :g: Do you know if there is someone who's selling it at cheaper price? Anyway really cool track.

This one quickly sold out its limited press and demand has driven the price up and will I suspect continue to do so as demand exceeds supply . Haven't seen one for sale sub £20 for a while. Hopefully someone on here will have a spare for you .
Social source share

I'm afraid that's what happens when the Northern scene decides it likes a track!  :lol:

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

....the next release from SouLutions is planned to be available from late May but you can pre-order now from their website, so let's keep the momentum going behind this superb British outfit and an LP not too far away either :thumbsup:

https://m.soulutionsofficial.co.uk/SouLutions-merchandise.html

Thanks, mate. I went on the site. I think it has only the preorder form with shipping from UK and not from Italy, where I live. Wrote to them, hope they'll keep in touch

Social source share

Fantastic new 45 out at the end of this week by Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators "Paint me in a corner" / "Where are you now", both tracks from the imminent new album due this October. Timmion Records do it again! :thumbsup:

Here's the link to listen and order directly from Timmion.

https://www.timmion.com/shop/corner/

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!