New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

Guest sharmo 1

Thanks Andy, shame it didn't get a 45 release

Hi there it did we have it in stock on street soul total legit 45 with original version of get it off of my concience .Regards Simon.

The copies were original done on a run of 250 then a second final run of 100.we still have a few left if anyone needs one.

Edited by sharmo 1
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Hi there it did we have it in stock on street soul total legit 45 with original version of get it off of my concience .Regards Simon.

Hi Simon, thanks for that - apologies for not knowing but do you retail online and is it okay to post a link :)

Social source share

The copies were original done on a run of 250 then a second final run of 100.we still have a few left if anyone needs one.

hi Simon

are you talking about R kelly - Share My Love

whats your details to get one?

all the best

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Simon, thanks for that - apologies for not knowing but do you retail online and is it okay to post a link :)

no opologioes need mate i'm having a site built at the moment but will take a little more time before it's ready but if you need a copie they're £7.00 plus p&p just pm on here or contact me on jehtrading@hotmail.co.uk regards Simon.
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

no opologioes need mate i'm having a site built at the moment but will take a little more time before it's ready but if you need a copie they're £7.00 plus p&p just pm on here or contact me on jehtrading@hotmail.co.uk regards Simon.

Jesus though you were on about joy trip my turn to opologies probably going to go for a nap with an ice pack on my head regards S.
Social source share

Knock your socks off...............

post-4568-0-11045200-1366036994_thumb.jp

Download card included, which I haven't checked yet, but assume it's to D/L ALL tracks, as there are many more tracks on the CD too............which I also have...........it's a terible affliction! LOL

My point is, you need ALL the tracks either by getting the CD.......unless the D/L card is for all tracks.............anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Knock your socks off...............

attachicon.gifCS484595-01B-BIG.jpg

Download card included, which I haven't checked yet, but assume it's to D/L ALL tracks, as there are many more tracks on the CD too............which I also have...........it's a terible affliction! LOL

My point is, you need ALL the tracks either by getting the CD.......unless the D/L card is for all tracks.............anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Mark R

Just been confirmed over on the EMS forum that the download voucher only gives you the tracks on the vinyl. Shame, as the other tracks are far too good to miss out on!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Interesting list posted by Soul Discovery on the 'Are we bothered' thread. Will try to find soundfiles and post here a bit later, but here's the list:

Soul Discovery, on 18 Apr 2013 - 7:30 PM, said:

Vinyl, New and Old from last week’s Soul Discovery Radio Show

David Washington “Games” (Soul Junction Promo) 7’

Charles Walker & The Dynamites “Get up on the living” (Gemco) 7’

Coalitions “Didn’t we almost make it” / “Thank God” (Soul Junction Promo) LP

Soulnaturals feat Sharon Gitau If it’s war (your looking for)” (British Soul Standard)

Jody Parsley - I don't know (Tramp) 7’

David Washington & Katrina Johnson “Ready for your love” (Soul Junction Promo) 7’

Nicole Willis “Light year ahead” (Timmion) LP

A.J. Sparks & Crew “Working on love” (Soul Junction) 7’

Charles Bradley “Let love stands a chance” (Dunham/Daptone) LP

Bob Poitier “Baby I need you” (Miami) 7’

Cecil Lyde “Is that the way back to your heart” (Aladdin West) LP

Dee Edwards “It comes to my attention” (Morning Glory) 7’

Tender Touch “Can I see you tomorrow” (Paramount) 7’

Barbara Jean English “I want to love you” (Zakia) 7’

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

what a tune 

this has just reminded me i have this at home, had forgotten all about it, will give it a spin tonight when i get in

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Thanks to you too Andy your input has been much appreciated (and to everyone else who contributed). I've heard some great new things (that I've bought) - I really hope the thread continues indefinitely for people to post new recommendations - think it would be a great source of hearing new material and give some additional exposure to those artists, labels and musicians who still out there making great records.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Guest uroffal

And in that spirit, this is due for vinyl release soon (on the LP 'Love Is Only Everything') - Little Charles (minus the Sidewinders)

Social source share

Thanks to you too Andy your input has been much appreciated (and to everyone else who contributed). I've heard some great new things (that I've bought) - I really hope the thread continues indefinitely for people to post new recommendations - think it would be a great source of hearing new material and give some additional exposure to those artists, labels and musicians who still out there making great records.

oh yes ...and this one just dropped into my letter box today.

Susan Cadogan & the Crabs Corporation 'day after today'

Social source share

The flip "music" is a great track.

Yes, I do prefer the flip!

Cheers,

Mark R

go on then, you've twisted me arm. to be fair i bought it for this side, but played the other side more. so for mark and steve.............

Social source share

A few "record store day" releases...............

Firstly a couple of modern 12"cuts............

Mario Biondi & The High Five Quintet - This Is What You Are (Opolopo Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvy5kxa8oFk

HELLFIRE1 The Heaven N' Hell Remixes -- Ashley Beedle Rework

And a class jazzy cut on 7"

Kan Sano - Everybody Loves The Sunshine

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

go on then, you've twisted me arm. to be fair i bought it for this side, but played the other side more. so for mark and steve.............

And the Mahogani label, from guess where.............as rare records go............

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Will Sessions feat Coko 'Good things' 

press release info   'Detroit funk collective Will Sessions sounds like they've jumped four five decades directly from the 60s. Their fuzzy, loose tightness works as a perfect bed for Coko's fiery emotional vocals as they treat us to two Sharon Jones-level funk sessions. "Boss Lady" is a direct strutter with spit fire vocal passion and an overwhelming JBs style swing while "Good Things" is more of a bluesy, sultry workout with a killer percussive breakbeat breakdown. Listen to the boss lady! She knows what she's talking about!'

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!