New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

Ben Westbeech - Something for the weekend on Outta Sight 7"................

Came out over a year ago on 12" great tune but a bit overplayed now ..

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Italian 12"..........and came out before that on the album as a download..........one I'm sort of "responsible" for I think from that initial download of x4 tracks from the album, though there are those that wouldn't thank me for that!!  I like it though, and it's certainly popular.  Ironically, it's not one I've played out a lot at all!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Great thread!

I've had/have many of these new and previously unreleased 45's on my website over the years and the right ones fly out!

I've sold upwards of 100 copies and above of the better releases and most labels only make 500 copies, so it doesn't take long for them to be deleted as they sell across the world from other dealers/websites etc. Occasionally on massive sellers, they'll do a repress (Cookin' on three burners, Oliver Cheatham, Patrick Henry etc) but in general most labels seem happy enough to sell the initial press, then get on with the next release.

So i guess many of these will be the rarities of the future with already quite a few examples around of new 45's becoming hard to find in the last 10 years or so?

Keep 'em coming  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Not sure if this is/has been played?

New to me - brilliant! I'm going to go and get one!
Edited by MrC
Social source share

Italian 12"..........and came out before that on the album as a download..........one I'm sort of "responsible" for I think from that initial download of x4 tracks from the album, though there are those that wouldn't thank me for that!!  I like it though, and it's certainly popular.  Ironically, it's not one I've played out a lot at all!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Well I would like to thank you Mark.... I played this off the vinyl album before i brought the 12"

Social source share

I like my vinyl as much as the next man ..... but I think I'll buy the CD version of one new release ........

Z Records have just put out a double album -- 'Overdose of the Holy Ghost'.

This features a selection of great modern gospel cuts (I believe just 10 tracks spread out over 4 sides of vinyl).

HOWEVER....... the double CD version features 24 tracks and is about half the price of the vinyl version.

The Dan Greer track on the album ............

With the upturn in interest in old and newer gospel dancers, will we have to add NG, MG to the NS, MS tags in the near future ??

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

I like my vinyl as much as the next man ..... but I think I'll buy the CD version of one new release ........

This features a selection of great modern gospel cuts (I believe just 10 tracks spread out over 4 sides of vinyl).

HOWEVER....... the double CD version features 24 tracks and is about half the price of the vinyl version.

Agreed.....CD definitely..........can't imagine having a vinyl addiction THAT bad that I would rather pay DOUBLE for the vinyl with far less tracks on than the CD version. Complete madness suggesting that the music perhaps comes second in priority to the format!!

Cheers,

Mark R 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest uroffal

With the upturn in interest in old and newer gospel dancers, will we have to add NG, MG to the NS, MS tags in the near future ??

And Funky Gospel :D - great track by the way, thanks for posting

Social source share

Guest REPLAY

Limited 7" white label of this little edit out soon. It will be about 10 seconds shorter on the 7" than the youtube clip. Surprise flipside!

Social source share

Limited 7" white label of this little edit out soon. It will be about 10 seconds shorter on the 7" than the youtube clip. Surprise flipside!

I like that, any more info on it? and I like nice surprises!

alan

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

maybe for the open minded...............

Previously unreleased extended version of this tropical gem, re-mastered from the original tapes. Officially licensed, limited edition.

Michael Boothman - waiting For Your Love

alan

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Brett F

Richard Stepp and the Sidewinders tracks first came out on original LPs..Richard Stepp isn't that particularly hard to find on the album, but the Sidewinders is a different matter.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest REPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Nws9OH7iA

We're taking pre-orders right now.  The record should be here in the next week.  

Please email me at  replay365(at)gmail(dot)com  if you are interested in purchasing a copy

Both sides are in the video below.  This is a whitelabel small-hole 7" 100 copies pressed, half are already gone.  

Best Regards,

Josh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRTeKgqPXQ

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Secret-Weapon-Time-1/release/4795203

Social source share

hi josh

email sent

cheers buddy

alan

We're taking pre-orders right now.  The record should be here in the next week.  

Please email me at  replay365(at)gmail(dot)com  if you are interested in purchasing a copy

Both sides are in the video below.  This is a whitelabel small-hole 7" 100 copies pressed, half are already gone.  

Best Regards,

Josh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRTeKgqPXQ

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Secret-Weapon-Time-1/release/4795203

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a copy of the Soul Bros 45 by the Dynamites & Charles Walker from Amazon. Just over £6 with free P&P.

As "Still Can't Get U Out o My Heart" is such a great track this has to be a b.b.b.b.big ..  b.b.b.b.b.bargain. 

...... AND ....... my purchase came with a £1 promo credit against my next purchase ... CBB ............. .........  (....... can't be bad) 

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Probably only relevant for fans of the blue-eyed sound of Steely Dan, but if you do like that kind of thing, you're likely to consider this as superb...........

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-detail///Dwitza+Music/Ed+Motta/AOR+-+LP+Vinyl/vinyl/3874

Cheers,

Mark R

Its superb mate, i've been spinning this on vinyl this week, quality.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!