Record Middles - Seen One Of These Monsters ?

attachicon.gifmetal centre 001.jpg

had a set of 6 records turn up used as packing for 1 !, they all have these big heavy middles in them and i'm struggling to get one out as they clip in with 2 clips each side !

anyone seen them before or used them ??

New on me !

Ian.

Has been a thread on here somewhere, with info on how to remove them, :thumbsup:   can't find it though.  :lol:

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

Showrooms-Pics_02.jpg

choose any you want. they are  RECORD POWER tools... hehehehe

Edited by I KNOW NOTHING
Social source share

I've had a bunch of these and they're pretty easy to remove once you've got the technique.....and it's kinda tough to put it into words.

There's four 'connector' points to the 45 hole....2 are large, 2 are small on each side of the adapter. Hold the 45 so that there's 2 points on one side, 2 on the other. I usually go for the right hand side........slide the adapter across and simultaneously push down. They should flip straight out.....and you don't need to apply a lot of force.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've had a bunch of these and they're pretty easy to remove once you've got the technique.....and it's kinda tough to put it into words.

There's four 'connector' points to the 45 hole....2 are large, 2 are small on each side of the adapter. Hold the 45 so that there's 2 points on one side, 2 on the other. I usually go for the right hand side........slide the adapter across and simultaneously push down. They should flip straight out.....and you don't need to apply a lot of force.

yes... the key is to slide horizontally (along the plane as the record) and try not to apply force perpendicular to the plane of the record. even if you do it well, it still may leave a small "bite" on the edge of the inner hole (but it was probably made just by the center being inserted). 

i used to collect rockabilly/bluegrass/hillbilly/country 45s and got tons of these!

Social source share

About 10 years ago, I bought a collection of 1000 US 60's Soul 45's on ebay at a reasonable price all shipped from the US

When they arrived, not only were virtually every copy completely shagged, they all had those centres in them too!

Still got them in a box somewhere but of no use to man nor beast (but i can't find the heart to chuck them out!)

x

Social source share

About 10 years ago, I bought a collection of 1000 US 60's Soul 45's on ebay at a reasonable price all shipped from the US

When they arrived, not only were virtually every copy completely shagged, they all had those centres in them too!

Still got them in a box somewhere but of no use to man nor beast (but i can't find the heart to chuck them out!)

x

are you saying you have a box of the mental centers or you have a box of the 45s all with metal centers

Social source share

It's a while since i had to remove one of these, so bear with me...

It's tricky but if I remember correctly, you need to slide the centre as far as it will go diagonally in one direction, push down on the short tab, then push the centre in the opposite direction.

It should then just pop out.

There's a definite knack to it.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

When you're over in the UK Bob, gimme a shout........................I've a 1000 shagged 45's that you can have (if you can get the centres out LOL)

I'll be over next week, Steve......I can get 'em out, mate....if ya like ;)

Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!