Show Us Your Bird & Wildlife Photos

Amsterdam Russ

Peter. You took the words out off my mouth. I think the other one is also a peregrine

Ste

Hi Ste

I think the left picture is a peregrine - but a youngster. Doesn't appear to have all it's grown up feathers.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

pete think your right thats what i thought when i took them and looked them up, but im'a no bird whatcher

must say i do like watching birds of prey in the wild hunting the hovering before the swoop on to something is a thrill to see if not for the poor animal.it's good to see the numbers are on the up

Social source share

pete think your right thats what i thought when i took them and looked them up, but im'a no bird whatcher

must say i do like watching birds of prey in the wild hunting the hovering before the swoop on to something is a thrill to see if not for the poor animal.it's good to see the numbers are on the up

Have you seen my peregrine thread Paul? Here's a link with all the details and a link to a live web cam. The first egg is due to hatch next week - although we are waiting with baited breath as the severe cold and snow may have stopped the eggs developing.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Martyn. I,m flattered. Thank you. Yeah the dippers wouldn't play. but I will get them

Ste

Like dippers. have to try and get some photo's. Just never got a camera to hand when i see them.

Social source share

attachicon.gifodd creature.jpg

I haven't a clue what this is, I took the photo at the Safari Park this afternoon, it kept opening and closing it's mouth and it had these rows of really sharp teeth, I don't think it's a piranha though

Looks like a moray eel I think.

Aid

Looks like a Moray eel to me to. Don't know about the horns though

Ste

Maybe it's a Horned Moray.

It didn't say what it was in the description.

It's definitely an eel of some sorts.

Peter

Social source share

Try and get a photo of the Swallows driving to work Pete, I'd love to see that :-)

That made me smile Pete. I had my cat called Little Smith for 18 years - lost him three years ago. :(

Anyway, i had a really vivid dream about him one night. It was his first day at work and I waived him off from the front gate as he set off on his push bike with his sandwiches in a rucksack on his back! :D Still makes me smile. I miss my little cat.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Pete

Looks like they all over the place now. With a bit of luck I will see / hear cuckoo on Sunday when I,m fishing

Ste

I saw a Cuckoo on Sunday Steve, sadly a species in decline

Anyway back to the images, a Grebe fancies a Perch

post-1477-0-13163400-1367930166_thumb.jp

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I saw a Cuckoo on Sunday Steve, sadly a species in decline

Anyway back to the images, a Grebe fancies a Perch

attachicon.gif359_064.jpg

Martyn. I was fishing at border fisheries on Sunday, no sign or sighting of Cuckoos in a area that normally supports them.

Love the Grebe picture mate, tried to get pics of the mating dance earlier this year but failed

Ste

Social source share

I can of course but not the same somehow  :lol:

Just watching them now, blown away by how attentive the parents are!

Hi Joan, nice to see the youngsters ... hard to imagine that if they survive those little fluffy things will be able to reach speeds of 200 MPH when they grow up.

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yellow hammer taken near Tenby. Sorry about the over exposure on the background but if you click on the picture you can see the bird properly

Ste

Wow - dead jealous.  It`s been decades (literally) since I`ve seen a Yellow Hammer  :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Gogs

Managed a couple of hours fishing at week-end saw both swallows and sand martins (Scottish borders area). And my 1st butterfly this year, a Green veined white (had to check my books to confirm).

Edited by Gogs
Social source share