Show Us Your Bird & Wildlife Photos

Amsterdam Russ

I will try and post some pics of the f**king deer that keeps eating my beans and pepper plants!!

This was last year the day after I had filled the new bird feeder

Judging by how steep your garden is there , are you sure they are not Mountain Goat  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

saw a red headed long legged double breasted bedthrasher last night, but didn't get any photo's unfortunately.

Social source share

One of these?

Yeah!    :thumbup:

Although I did get a photo of a Chaffinch(?)

post-7171-0-60450500-1370609830_thumb.jp

Edited by MrC
Social source share

A photo of a blue tit on my suet ball feeder I took this morning :). We had two yellow hammers on the seed feeder on Tuesday

Suz x

TWO yellow hammers!!!   I`m dead jealous - I haven`t seen one for years and years now.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

TWO yellow hammers!!! I`m dead jealous - I haven`t seen one for years and years now.

I know a beautiful bird they are. They are very rare on the RSPB amber list. They are also not meant to be in the Pennines, well that's a load of crap cos where I live is part of the North Pennines!

Suz x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Guys

Been brought up from a young age to recognise all the british birds. My dad used to take me all over as a kid great days out.Still interested now. Here is a nice shot of a Sparrowhawk i got in my dads back garden. By the way Pete that was deffo a L. T Tit

post-8522-0-86356200-1370678988_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Guys

Been brought up from a young age to recognise all the british birds. My dad used to take me all over as a kid great days out.Still interested now. Here is a nice shot of a Sparrowhawk i got in my dads back garden. By the way Pete that was deffo a L. T Tit

You are right now that I have had a proper look at the picture...I was brought up to know British birds and wildlife my granda taught me the names, of course it helps living deep in the countryside. We get a sparrowhawk in our garden snatching a sparrow out of the bushes now and again

Suz x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I agree Peter, last year was a family of 4 but this year this one is on her own.

I sat for 15 minutes last week while she demolished all the bird seed in the feeder, no more than 30 feet away and she was not bothered at all.

We live right in the centre of the town but right at the end of a dead end street, past the turning circle, right on the edge of the ravine with the creek at the bottom. I have heard the Coyote's but have not seen them yet. Have seen a ground hog a couple of times as well this year as well as our regular fox.

The racoon's are a menace though

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well done and thanks to our Ste! Some lovely pictures there mate - thanks for sharing. I can't make my mind up whether my favourite is the swallow chicks (probably) or the red breasted Linnet. They're all good.

Cheers mate.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Thanks Peter. Cant make my mind up between the swallows or the nuthatches.

Ste

Social source share

I agree Peter, last year was a family of 4 but this year this one is on her own.

I sat for 15 minutes last week while she demolished all the bird seed in the feeder, no more than 30 feet away and she was not bothered at all.

We live right in the centre of the town but right at the end of a dead end street, past the turning circle, right on the edge of the ravine with the creek at the bottom. I have heard the Coyote's but have not seen them yet. Have seen a ground hog a couple of times as well this year as well as our regular fox.

The racoon's are a menace though

Wow! You must live in the states somewhere then?

Peter

Social source share

There's some of my wildlife photos on my FlickR account which can be seen here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomhunt29/

I've recently sold my camera so I can upgrade. Just wasn't getting the quality I wanted. Was using a cannon EOS 350D. Don't no what to get next thought.

Tom

Bloody hell Tom! They're amazing.

You are obviously more than just a happy snapper. 

Peter

Social source share

Guest TomCaponeHunt

Bloody hell Tom! They're amazing.

You are obviously more than just a happy snapper. 

Peter

I used to go out with my camera every chance I could, became a massive hobby. Not been upto much with it this year and thought selling it to fund a new one would give me the kick I needed to start it up again, but, I spent the money on records instead haha. I do miss going out with the camera though.

Thanks for the comment, Peter!

Tom

Social source share

There's some of my wildlife photos on my FlickR account which can be seen here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomhunt29/

I've recently sold my camera so I can upgrade. Just wasn't getting the quality I wanted. Was using a cannon EOS 350D. Don't no what to get next thought.

Tom

Tom.

I,m currently using a Canon eos 50D and like you am in the process of upgrading I was going to buy the 7d but I,ve just heard that there,s going to be a 7d mk 2 available soon so I,m going to hang fire

Nice pictures

Ste

Social source share

Guest TomCaponeHunt

I

Tom.I,m currently using a Canon eos 50D and like you am in the process of upgrading I was going to buy the 7d but I,ve just heard that there,s going to be a 7d mk 2 available soon so I,m going to hang fireNice picturesSte

I was looking at the 7D myself. I will have a look on the Internet about the mk2.

Cheers

Tom

Social source share

Tom.

I,m currently using a Canon eos 50D and like you am in the process of upgrading I was going to buy the 7d but I,ve just heard that there,s going to be a 7d mk 2 available soon so I,m going to hang fire

Nice pictures

Ste

Got the bug then Steve  :D

A few more shots from Sunday 

post-1477-0-54993500-1372095081_thumb.jp

post-1477-0-14441100-1372095150_thumb.jp

post-1477-0-77264500-1372095215_thumb.jp

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Tom.

Nice pictures

Ste

I

I was looking at the 7D myself. I will have a look on the Internet about the mk2.

Cheers

Tom

Here's a bit of info. Looks very complicated to a simpleton such as mesen!

Peter

:hypo:

Social source share

Got the bug then Steve  :D

A few more shots from Sunday 

attachicon.gif366_083.jpg

attachicon.gif366_056.jpg

attachicon.gif366_060.jpg

Martyn. Got the bug but find it so hard to fit everything in, Match fishing, Nighters, Photography.

I,m hoping this new camera body I,m after is going to come in under 2K but will have to wait and see what Canon come up with.

Love the swift pictures mate

Ste

Social source share