Has Anyone Flipped This?

I was just going through the old collection sorting out my set for tomorrows Leeds Central, and I pulled out the boot copy of 'Maurice Chestnut - Too darn soulful', I have looked at the flip numerous times ''You don't love me anymore', never playing it thinking it was a cover of the Johnny Caswell track. But it's not, it's an excellent mid tempo groover, really shocked when I played it, never heard it before.
Has anyone else heard it? was it on the flip of the original copies?

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Couldn't agree more - and if you thought you had another version of YDLMA......? Into soul for 45 years and never flipped it? What other treats are in store for you?

ps I had to borrow the money from my big brother (he just happened to be in Selecta at the same time) to buy my Renfro copy of Morris Chestnut......still burns!

Edited by Rich B
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Couldn't agree more - and if you thought you had another version of YDLMA......? Into soul for 45 years and never flipped it? What other treats are in store for you?

ps I had to borrow the money from my big brother (he just happened to be in Selecta at the same time) to buy my Renfro copy of Morris Chestnut......still burns!

I know, and to be truthful I am usually a stickler for 'B' sides too, there are many hidden treasures lying on flips. Can't imagine why I didn't flip it years age, I've had if for yonks, as i said, must have just been the title that put me off doing it, I have had other re-presses that have had spurious versions of other tracks on the flip and renamed as the artist on the 'A' side, and I think that must have swayed me.

But hey! a nice surprise, albeit quite a quiet press, still a stunner.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!