Reasonable Price Advice Please Not Book Price

Im selling some Lps so whats a reasonale selling price- Assume they are all ex cond unless stae

Luther -  This close to you US Cotillion

Pic & Bill - Soul Music - Italian Joker

Charlie Rich - Ill shed no tears - HI

Chuck bridges &  LA Happening- Vault

Joe - E Young - Soul Buster - Toast

Maxine Brown - Out of sight - Epic

Skull Snaps - Skull Snaps (Original) GSF in VG+ (just) condition

Willie & mighty Magnificents - P Vine

Cheers Steve

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Skullsnaps LP around £150 I'd think at the moment, it's on a lot of US & European wants lists

As for Original or reissue, the reissue has the right release numbers and everything, they just did a total like for like copy of the original the most positive way to differentiate the two is to check the cover. The reissues have plasticky covers, whereas the originals really feel like cardboard. The cardboard itself, if you check inside the cover (where you slide the record), will be very homogenous and white on a reissue, as the chemicals used today keep the white very white for a very long time. An original will be at best tan, most probably dark brown, and have the texture of recycled. The vinyl itself will have a shiny, level-with-the-vinyl centerpiece (label) on a reissue, with a little less sheen around the edge, as if it had been sanded; whereas an original will have the usual bump you can feel and see going around the edge of the centerpiece.

Social source share

Just realised how stupid :yes:  I am in my title as theirs no books for lps as far as I know unless someone can point me!

Cheers for the replies guys

Just need some idea on PIC & Bill / Joe E Young & Charlie Rich

Didn't think you were being stupid at all. I was actually hoping there may indeed be a useful book out there which I wasn't aware of ... I would have found one very interesting.

Over to the main dealers with longstanding databases - John, Tim, Pat etc. - time you got cracking on an LP guide guys. First one to get a decent book out is likely to get plenty of kudos ... plus, of course, rake in the cash!!

Social source share

You only have to look at Discogs to see how prices on LPs can vary greatly. Usually the US dealers are the cheapest, UK dealers at the bottom as the most expensive more often than not. I'd like to see a price guide for Lp's if only for reference.

To me LPs have dropped like a stone over the last few years to the point now where they represent great value for the price. Postage charges from the U.S. are killing off buying albums from there, so the UK dealers look like a bargain option at the moment.

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest trickbag
R-150-2510289-1325686023.jpeg

Charlie Rich "Ž— I'll Shed No Tears - The Best Of The Hi Recordings
Label:
Hi Records "Ž— HI UK LP 418
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Released:

15 quid if your lucky,seen it for less.

Joe - E Young - Soul Buster - Toast