Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

CBills428

Greetings! (New Member)

I’m new to the site and figured for my first post, I’d take a moment to say hello and introduce myself…

I live in Buffalo, NY (born and raised). I’m not sure if anyone is too familiar but it’s similar to the other rust belt areas in the US (Detroit, Cleveland, Baltimore). Music stores, record stores for that matter are few in far between and the love for this kind of music (soul, funk and r&b) seems to be almost non-existent. I know there’s people here that like it but I can’t help but think the majority of the people here only listen to Elvis and the Beatles.

I haven’t been collecting very long (5 years?) but I’m a pretty big hip hop fan so my record collecting interests really stem from the foundations of this music. I have quite a bit of 45s already and do a little bit of selling on eBay in order to acquire some things of more interest. I have quite a bit of Northern Soul stuff, nothing too rare or crazy but my interest lies more with 70s soul and funk.

I’m looking forward to posting and it seems like there’s a really active community here. It’s great to see so many people appreciating this kind of music. I think I might head over to the request area to see if any of you guys have or are willing to part with a particular 45…

-Chris

Hi and welcome to soul source, there's a wealth of knowledge on here, and every day can be a school day! Hope you have some luck with your 'want'

:hatsoff2: 

Paul 

Hi Chris   :wave:

I've been to Buffalo, well, not really, I've just looked at it from across the water when I was in Canada :D  but I was still pretty close  :)

Welcome to Soulsource Chris

Enjoy the site  :thumbsup:

Regards

Ali 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts